< iStitch
Sunday 19 February 2017
Birth sampler and a visit





I finished stitching Primrose's birth sampler and framed it up a couple of weeks ago. The pattern is Beatrix Potter Birth Sampler 1 which I stitched 1 over 2 on 40ct white linen using the recommended DMC threads although I changed up the charted blue tendrils and the font to pink. I also changed the font.  Mummy loved it - Primrose just grinned at me! Thank you to Pamela who loaned me the chart.




She's a very happy child!


***********





Last weekend we went to Dover Castle which is about 9 miles from us. We met up with Meg - number 2 grand-daughter - seen here with her Grandad. It was a cold and dull day but we throughly enjoyed our visit. The wartime tunnels are amazing. We aim going again when the weather improves.




A view across the English Chanel from the roof top of the castle. 



Meg took a picture of the reigning King and Queen ;-)  Shame that the Queen's feet didn't reach the floor! How come the King had a footstool? And next time I shall wear my golden crown!


Thanks for visiting 
Take care
Carol 


 
|


2 Comments:


  • On 19 February 2017 at 17:47, Blogger Babs

    it's a beautiful sampler. I learned English with Beatrix Potters books when i was little.

     
  • On 25 February 2017 at 03:25, Blogger Goofin' Off Around the Block

    That is a beautiful birth sampler. I had small collection of Beatrix Potter books when I was a little girl. I loved looking at the artwork as much as I enjoyed reading the stories. This brought up a lot of sweet memories. I'm glad I came across your blog.