< iStitch
Saturday 2 January 2010
Two freebie finishes




Suzanne of Berkshire Cottage blog sent me a picture of her version of my Christmas freebie which she finished as a very pretty pillow. She stitched this from fabric and thread from her stash. A delightful finish Suzanne - thanks for sharing.




Ann from With My Needle also stitched the same pattern - it will be interesting to see what finish Ann will do with this. It is stitched on a cream 35ct linen with DMC threads. Thank you for sharing with us Ann.

It's never too early to start stitching ornaments for Christmas 2010 and this chart is still available *here* (scroll down) or click on the CHARTS button on my side bar.

The 2009 Christmas Challenge has now become the 2010 Christmas Challenge. I am working to free up some space for new members by the end of January so, if you are interested in participating in this year's Challenge, please visit the blog again later in the month to check availability.

Despite wanting to have a New Year new start, I decided to carry on with Beatrix (sigh). On a good note I have only to finish a motif in the bottom right hand corner, the large 'oh why did I leave it til last?' flower motif in the top right hand section and to fill in with dates and initials. I am determined to complete this before I do anything else because, if I put it aside now, I will find it difficult to pick up again. My sister's birthday is on March 11 so I will need to allow time for framing. I will finish this ... I will finish this! I would like to thank Hazel over at the Beatrix Potter SAL as, without this SAL, the piece would have become a UFO months ago! I hope to be posting a picture in the not too distant future.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 2 January 2010 at 10:17, Blogger Lesleyanne

    Both are stitched lovely. I think the pillow is gorgeous.

     
  • On 2 January 2010 at 10:25, Blogger Brigitte

    I love the pillow finishing. Wonderful with your design.
    You will have finished BP in no time. I had mice tucked away in my WIP box although there were only 4 motives left. Then last month I pulled BP out and finished the rest. I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

     
  • On 2 January 2010 at 10:53, Blogger dany

    Très joli ce petit coussin !
    Je te souhaite une très belle année Carol et t'envoie de gros, gros bisous

     
  • On 2 January 2010 at 12:26, Blogger angelasweby

    What lovely stitching. It must be very satisfying to see your pretty designs stitched up.
    Keep the end in sight with BP. You will feel a huge glow of satisfaction when its completed.
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 3 January 2010 at 05:35, Blogger Annie Bee

    What lovely stitching and I love the pillow finish. You can do it You can do it.