< iStitch
Sunday, 24 October 2010
Travelling Stitcher update




I have been working sporadically on my Travelling Stitcher - my SAL with Valerie (Fog City Dweller). After an exhausting day in the sunshine, I don't always feel like stitching but I am plodding away slowly but surely. 



My friend Diana (no blog as yet but she's working on it) and I recently went to FOB of Sarasota - a most wonderful bead shop where we took a beading class and both made peyote bracelets. Diana chose purple and gold hex beads and I, of course, went 'miniature' and chose tiny black and silver Delica beads! It was a most enjoyable class and we both left the classroom wearing our bracelets. A big thank you to Karen for her patience.

Sew Joyful will be released very shortly so there will be plenty of time to stitch this in time for the Christmas Holiday. I am sorry for the delay but I'm sure that you all have plenty of projects on the go.

'Normal service' on my blog will be resumed on my return to the UK but I will continue to post a 'picture' a day to keep you amused so please come back whenever you can!

Thank you for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 14:58 | Permalink | Photobucket


10 Comments:


  • On 24 October 2010 at 16:06, Blogger Kathy A.

    Yes, all that sunshine must be exhausting. Enjoy!
    Your bead bracelets are gorgeous. Nice work!

     
  • On 24 October 2010 at 16:26, Blogger Susan

    Nice progress on Traveling Stitcher. I'm enjoying seeing your pictures while you are on vacation in Florida.

     
  • On 24 October 2010 at 17:32, Blogger Lili

    you work looks wonderful.
    the bracelets are so pretty.
    take care,
    Lili

     
  • On 24 October 2010 at 18:59, Blogger BeckySC

    Travelling Stitcher is looking amazing :)
    I hope you are having the BEST time :)
    ((hugs))

     
  • On 25 October 2010 at 00:33, Blogger staci

    Lovely stitching and both bracelets are beautiful! I've been enjoying your Florida pics...I'm sure you're having a wonderful time!

     
  • On 25 October 2010 at 06:07, Blogger vEr0n!c@

    I love your Delica beads bracelet. Classy and elegant. Traveling Stitcher is coming along wonderfully. I enjoy your picture a day posts :)

     
  • On 25 October 2010 at 14:35, Blogger Sally

    Travelling Stitcher is coming along beautifully.

    Gorgeous bracelets!

     
  • On 26 October 2010 at 00:28, Blogger angelasweby

    The bracelets are absolutely gorgeous. i love your dainty tiny one as it's my colours :>) What a great class.
    You are making fantastic progress with Travelling Stitcher. Sadly, that's what you will be soon but i bet it's been the holiday of a lifetime :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 27 October 2010 at 02:28, Blogger valerie

    Great progress Carol! I got a little done at the airport. I am working across though and I think you're still ahead of me as I haven't started on the words yet. Will prob post a progress pic later this week. Love the vacation photos!

     
  • On 27 October 2010 at 03:50, Blogger Blu

    Traveling Stitcher looks great.

    Love your bracelet! It's os pretty.