< iStitch
Tuesday 18 October 2011
A day out!


Ken and I took a trip out yesterday to Rye in East Sussex. This is a very pretty little town just over the Kent-Sussex border.


We parked the car and walked up a steep lane and arrived at the Landgate monument. This is the only one remaining of four gateways built in 1329. Click on the picture for further information.



The houses either side of the steep and tiny streets are quite delightful. Look how narrow the house with the green door is in the top left hand picture!



When I saw the above shop I thought of Edgar - blogland's very own Black Sheep!




We took the coast road home and stopped for a breath of fresh air at Camber Sands. I have no idea why it's called Cambers Sands as the beach was pebbles not sand. It was very windy and I was nearly blown off my feet!



When we arrived home we discovered that Tommy had decided it was time to bed down for the long Winter months so into his box and then into the garden shed. He will sleep now until mid-March 2012.

All the above pictures are clickable for closeup views.



***************************


Not much news on the stitching front. I am awaiting on some blue Gander linen to arrived from France to stitch the Sew Hopeful model. I have stitched but not finished one ornament for Christmas so one down and 7 to go! The Mystery SAL is going well and I have received in 63 pictures of Part 6 so nearly half of the 125 participants are keeping up to date! Part 7 will be released this coming weekend with Part 8 to follow two weeks thereafter.


Thanks for visiting
Take care


 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 18 October 2011 at 12:57, Blogger Elisa

    What lovely pictures Carol, they brought back lovely memories, when I lived in Maidstone I used to visit Rye regularly, I loved it there....glad you had a good time xx

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 13:03, Blogger Susan

    Thank you for posting the pictures of your trip. It's doubtful I'll do much traveling in the near future, but I get to visit the most amazing places through people's blogs!

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 14:03, Blogger Stitchabilities

    Lovely photos.
    How old is Tommy?

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 14:08, Blogger staci

    What a lovely day out! Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures!

    Sleep tight Tommy!

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 14:57, Blogger BeckySC

    Wonderful pictures dear Carol! Thank you for sharing them!
    ((hugs))

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 15:08, Blogger Kathy A.

    How wonderful to see the areas around where you live. Your history is so old and it is great to see it preserved. The photos are lovely.
    Smart Tommy!

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 15:57, Blogger Carissa

    Thank you for sharing your pictures. It looks as if you had a lovely day.

     
  • On 18 October 2011 at 18:16, Blogger Unknown

    Oh Carol how lovely to see your piccies of Rye. Hubby and I visited there this Easter and stayed for 3 nights, we were so lucky with the weather. It is a glorious little place I bought a gorgeous Moo doorstop there and some metal hanging hearts. Looks like you had nice weather too.

     
  • On 19 October 2011 at 07:27, Blogger Gillie

    Just like Elisa, memories! We lived in Stone cum Ebony near Tenterden when our first treasure was little and had friends in Rye. Camber Sands was a favourite too!

     
  • On 19 October 2011 at 12:04, Blogger Kate

    Love the pictures of your trip - it looks gorgeous.
    I'm wishing that I could dod a "Tommy" and slepp until March!
    Looking forward to the next part of the Mystery SAL.

     
  • On 19 October 2011 at 13:47, Anonymous Anonymous

    Picturesque town - just what I like.
    I'll send you a picture of Part 6 completed tomorrow :-)

     
  • On 19 October 2011 at 13:52, Blogger Edgar

    What great pictures!! I am lovin' that "Blacksheep" shop one especially!!! :)

     
  • On 21 October 2011 at 08:12, Blogger Ann at Beadlework.

    Lovely photos of Rye - my parents visited Rye many years ago and I remember my mum saying how much she enjoyed it.