< iStitch
Thursday 6 October 2011
Picture heavy post




I have now finished stitching my SAL Giumauve et Violette. I'm not sure what I will put in the space above the garland in the centre - the designer suggested a charm and I think I have a Fleur de Lys charm somewhere in my stash which might suffice. I'm not sure of a 'final' finish!




Last week we took a trip to Canterbury and I took a few snaps. These show a marked difference between the old and new buildings in the city centre. The 'older building' is, of course, Canterbury Cathedral.




We also popped into a shop for a bottle of water and noticed this lovely display of 'old fashioned' sweets (candies) - check out those sugar mice - how I loved these as a child. I resisted buying any as I am not sure I am up for a pure sugar hit!




We then drove to Westwood Cross in Broadstairs as I wanted to go to Hobby Craft and after a quick lunch at Frankie and Bennys we decided to go see the new Jason Statham movie - Killer Elite. As you can see from the above picture DH arranged a private showing! Not really but we did get the cinema to ourselves and the movie was great.



On the way home we stopped so I could get a picture of the Viking Ship at Pegwell Bay. This ship has been there for as long as I can remember. Isn't it wonderful?



This year there seems to be a vast amount of spiders webs in my garden with the most enormous spiders. I keep well away and used the zoom on my camera to get a couple of pictures!

I'm sorry for the mish-mash post today but I have been holding these pictures on my desktop and have at last found time to post. All the pictures are clickable for closeup views.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 6 October 2011 at 12:58, Blogger Maggee

    ooh ick! That spider looks scary! Is it a poisonous one or just harmless? Looks like you have a nice trip to Canterbury! Hugs!

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 13:19, Blogger Susan

    Beautiful finish! Thank you for the pictures of your trip. It looks like you had a good time. We have also had an abundance of spiders in our garden this year.

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 13:27, Blogger Barbara

    Carol I enjoyed all of your pictures so much until I reached the one with the spider. I'm deathly afraid of them and we have some vicious ones here in Florida. I especially loved the Viking ship...are you allowed to go on board? What a wonderful day you had and I'm sure I wouldn't have had so much control as you did in the sweets shop. :o)
    Blessings!!

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 14:04, Blogger Hazel

    The sal is so pretty. Great pictures of your trip to Canterbury. x

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 14:19, Blogger Ponto Cruz e Companhia

    HI
    I enjoyed your photos specially the one with the candies. I always take a look on your blog.
    Hugs from Portugal

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 16:38, Blogger valerie

    Ack! Spider! I don't know how you managed to take the picture. I'd be running screaming in the other direction.

    Your finish is very pretty and a charm sounds like a great idea. It looks like a nice time in Canterbury. Love the cathedral and the candy shop. :)

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 17:10, Blogger Mindi

    Ugh, spiders. I don't do well with bugs, but try to at least tolerate spiders since they eat the other bugs. Not sure what I'd do if those monsters were in my garden or house.

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 17:11, Blogger Unknown

    Oh how lovely to see the piccies of Canterbury. My brother went to boarding school at Kent College Canterbury and I spent many a happy day visiting there as a little girl and it is somewhere I want to go with hubby. You didnt have a go on the ducking stool then!! Thanks for sharing. I adore your almost finish, the colours are my favourites.

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 17:25, Blogger butterfly

    Your SAL is looking so pretty i really love the colour.

    Enjoyed your great photos.

    We have spiders every where in the garden i think they are getting bigger.

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 21:28, Blogger Carol E. in AZ

    I love your stitched piece. Very pretty. And I enjoyed your snaps. The spider looks menacing, but I guess that is what spiders "do"! :)

     
  • On 6 October 2011 at 23:38, Blogger Karen

    Pretty finish....don't know about the mice! Something just doesn't sound right when a food item has mice in the title....even if it is made from sugar.

    happy stitching....

     
  • On 7 October 2011 at 13:29, Blogger Dora

    I enjoyed seeing your pictures.
    We've seen alot of spider webs here, too. That spider you photographed looks exactly like the one attached to our mailbox and sedum plant.

     
  • On 9 October 2011 at 17:39, Blogger Blu

    Lovely finish (well, almost finish)!
    Gorgeous pictures, and that candy looks delicious.

     
  • On 10 October 2011 at 17:09, Blogger Moreen

    Carol I loved seeing your photos of Canterbury I lived and went to school in a little village just outside of Canterbury when I was about 9 years old and Canterbury was where we shopped, it was lovely at Xmas. Your photos have brought back some lovely memories thankyou for posting them.
    Take care