< iStitch
Friday 4 January 2008
A postcard from the First World War
Hello again - twice in one day!

I managed to upload the photos of the postcard sent by my maternal grandfather to my grandmother during the First World War.  The colours look as vibrant today as they were 94 years ago.  The tiny card at the bottom fits into the flap in the embroidery on the front.  My grandfather worked on the railways and my grandmother was a dressmaker/embroideress.  They had three children, Frank, Edna and Millie (my mother) who are now all deceased.    




Albert and Ethel Gulliver
of Aberdare, Glamorganshire, South Wales
(year unknown)










Isn't this a lovely memento?

Take care
Carol
 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 5 January 2008 at 15:14, Blogger Jen

    That is a lovely momento. The photo of your grandparents is beautiful also.

     
  • On 14 January 2008 at 19:44, Blogger Ruth

    Wow. That's wonderful -- especially that you still have it and honor and treasure it.

     
  • On 18 May 2009 at 00:37, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I've just been reading about your card on Jacqueline's website. I came straight to see your lovely card. I have a few but only ones I have bought. Your family one is a real treasure. I enjoyed reading about your family too.
    Hugs Angela