< iStitch
Saturday 15 January 2011
Gaëlle's Christmas freebie



Gaëlle from Le Blog de pimlico62 has kindly allowed me to show her version of the iStitch Designs 2010 Christmas freebie. As you can see Gaëlle made her own choice of fabric and threads and finished it as this rather pretty pinkeep. Thank you Gaëlle for allowing me to post this here.

This chart is still available free with any purchase *here* or click on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.

If anyone has a stitched and finished iStitch Design and would like to showcase it here, I am more than happy to do so. Just send me a picture and, if possible, details of fabrics and threads used together with a link to your blog and I will post it! My email address can be found on my profile.


*********************************************


I have been secret stitching this past week so I cannot show any pictures until the recipients have received them. Suffice it to say they are stitched and ready to be finished!

For those of you that visit Vikki Clayton's Hand Dyed Fibres you will probably know that she is now selling her silk threads on micro spools instead of skeins. These are neat little spools just slightly larger than a sewing machine spool. I ordered a fair amount of 'empties' and have been busy printing labels and winding all my loose skeins on them. I also took the opportunity of starting a database which I have been updating as I wind. It's fun and I will eventually know exactly what threads I do and do not have. Once this is done I suppose I could start on my linens!

Thanks for visiting - have a great weekend
Take care


Labels: ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 15 January 2011 at 00:57, Blogger Dora

    A beautiful finish from Gaelle. I enjoyed seeing that.

     
  • On 15 January 2011 at 23:22, Blogger angelasweby

    A really lovely little finish from Gaelle.

    Glad you are getting your HDT organized. They easily get into a bit of a mess. I don't really like the fiddly little tags the threads come on but as I only have a few it doesn't present a huge problem for me :>)

    Your intriguing message about your secret stitching has definitely sparked off my curiosity...haha!
    Angela xx

     
  • On 17 January 2011 at 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like Gaëlle's finish much better than mine. Green and red are definitely the best colours for Christmas !

     
  • On 18 January 2011 at 13:00, Blogger Lili

    wow! she make a beautiful piece!

     
  • On 29 January 2011 at 13:10, Blogger pimlico62

    Thank you for offering us this lovely freebie! I really enjoyed stitching it and will do it again for next Christmas as I offered this pinkeep to a friend.

    Gaëlle