< iStitch
Sunday 8 January 2012
Mayté's Sew a Mystery finish





Mayté of MagicXstitch sent this collage of her lovely box finish of Sew a Mystery last month. It is stitched on cream 40ct Newcastle linen with a hand-dyed cotton floss called 'New Vision' from Carrie's Threads. The finishing fabric is 'Forget Me Not, My Love' by Robyn Pandolph for SSI Fabrics and the chenille trim was hand-dyed by Mayté with Hibicus and Raspberry organic tea. There are more pictures of her finish on her blog *here*. Thank you Mayté for allowing me to showcase your beautiful work here.


Sew a Mystery chart is still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.


If you have an iStitch Design finish you would like me to feature on my blog, please send me a picture, details of fabric and threads used and a link to your blog if you have one. You can find my email address on my profile.


****************************


I have finished the alphabet section of Jane Rees and will post a picture shortly. I really wanted to start on the motifs section but I know I have to pre-stitch for a class in April. I overlocked (serged) the linen and basted the marking lines ready to start but then I got waylaid on the model for my new design. This is stitched on 40ct Newcastle linen (which I dyed with walnut ink) with HDF OMG Red 1149 - one of my favourite reds. It's small - approximately 4" x 4" square and will make an ideal box/tin topper although I have yet to decide whether to finish like this, to hem-stitch and frame it or to make a needle book. For some reason it's getting difficult to buy square frames locally, even the nearest Hobby Craft store have stopped stocking them. If my newest design is tempting you, please visit again in the very near future. Almost forgot ... it's called Sew Nicole 1847!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


3 Comments: