< iStitch
Saturday 22 June 2013
Soed Idee Mystery SAL Part 3






Here is Part 3 of Soed Idee's Mystery SAL. Part 4 was released today and I have printed it off ready to stitch later today. Earlier parts are still available from Simone's blog *here* so you can still join in the SAL if you wish. There are also some great pictures taken by participants of the SAL so worth just taking a look.


And now for a walk on the wild side ... 







Just recently we took a walk at Fowlmead Country Park which is quite close to where we live. This Park is built on the old slag heap/spoil tip from the now closed Betteshanger Colliery as can be seen from the above picture and is well worth a visit. There is a two mile tarmac cycle track, leisure paths for both cycling and walking and established woodlands, wetlands and reed beds full of wildlife. 






The views are amazing and the waterways so clean and so blue! There are wildflowers in abundance although I cannot give names to all of them. 











What amazed me the most were the wild strawberries. So tiny and so many of them. Many were still in flower but a lot were ready for picking although we didn't bother. I am not sure if they are edible but I suppose they must be.




All the above pictures are clickable for closeup views. This was our first time visit to the Park but definitely won't be our last. 


The weather is awful this weekend and has been for ages. Where is Summer? I am so ready for it!


Thanks for visiting
Take care



Labels: ,

 
|


4 Comments:


  • On 22 June 2013 at 13:17, Blogger Vickie

    Hi Carol. What a park! That water! How fortunate you are to have it near you.
    It is currently raining here. It was a strange spring, and now summer is not looking so great either.

     
  • On 22 June 2013 at 14:09, Blogger Solstitches

    Hi Carol,
    When I saw Simone was doing another SAL I immediately thought of you and wondered if you'd be taking part.
    I would have liked to but no time as there are too many other things on the to do list.
    Yours looks lovely so far.
    Who knew the site of an old colliery could turn into something so lovely.
    The wildflowers are so pretty and I've never seen wild strawberries growing. Looks like a lovely place to spend a day.
    I wish I could send you some sunshine.
    Margaret

     
  • On 22 June 2013 at 21:05, Blogger Brenda

    Oh I love your part 3 of the SAL. It is soooo beautiful!!!

    And those pics...LOVE them all!!!! Makes me feel like I'm walking with you!!!

     
  • On 24 June 2013 at 18:20, Blogger Michele

    love your SAL!