< iStitch
Tuesday 7 May 2013
Sajou and Bank Holiday Monday





My stitching and, hopefully, my blogging mojo has returned somewhat. I managed to make a start on page 4 of my Sajou booklet; if you remember I stitched this page sometime last year *here* but it came out much too small for the pre-cut finishing cards I had purchased for it so I continued on a different page on a different count linen. It is stitched 1*2 on antique white 48ct Gander linen with Needlepoint Inc silk thread 749. The scissors are tiny storklets by Kelmscott Designs *here*. These come in a variety of colours are are oh so cute!






Yesterday was May Day Bank Holiday here in the UK and for once the weather decided to co-operate and it was a beautiful sunny day. I live close to the Walmer Green where there was a Brocante Fair so we decided to take a look. It was well attended both by stall holders and the public in general plus their dogs. 






One stall had this selection of ancient scissors. Too big for my collection but interesting just the same.






On another stall was this very pretty parasol. It wasn't a full size parasol but quite tiny. If only I had somewhere to display it. I wonder whether it sold?






I did however fall for this very pretty dish. It's made by Villeroy & Bosch 1948 - German company which is still in existence today *here*. This dish was priced at £2 so it just had to come home with me!







Now you may wonder why I have posted a picture of the backs of these people? Well the lady with the backpack is Miriam Margolyes and is quite famous here in the UK see *here*. She has a very distinctive voice and I heard her speak and recognised her voice before taking a second look. I didn't like to go around the other side and invade her privacy so I only have this picture. 

We returned home to have lunch in the garden and, indeed, spend the afternoon out there too and, of course, my Kindle came too. 

All the above pictures are clickable for closeup views.

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


4 Comments:


  • On 7 May 2013 at 18:18, Blogger Bertie

    We were so lucky with the weather Carol, must have been so nice to go "Brocanting"! Love your purchases.
    How funny to see the Blackadder Lady doing some brocanting too!
    Have a lovely week:)

     
  • On 7 May 2013 at 18:59, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, so glad to hear your stitching mojo has returned. I love the booklet you are working on. As usual, it is so tiny.
    The brocante fair looks wonderful. I would love to go to something like that but we have nothing near us although there is to be a vintage fair at MK in June. I adore that V&B dish you bought. Wow, what a bargain.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 9 May 2013 at 20:39, Blogger Andrea

    It was lovely on Monday wasn't it. A distant memory now the rain is coming down and feels like Autumn has come.
    How delicate is that parasol, real craftsmanship in that for sure.

     
  • On 10 May 2013 at 12:39, Blogger Karoline

    Wasn't the weather gorgeous on Monday, the kids spent the whole day in the garden.

    Your sajou is looking lovely