< iStitch
Tuesday 5 March 2013
1905




Please click on picture for a closeup view


Scissors - oh how I scissors. I could not believe it when I saw these two pairs for sale on eBay, together with the thimbles. I left it until the last minute to bid and I won. The smallest pair measure 2½" and are marked Sheffield 81 England whilst the larger pair measure 3¾" and are marked Sheffield and some other indecipherable markings. The darker thimble has no identifying markings except Rd 12/2 PAT.G which I think is just the Patent No. The other thimble is hall-marked silver and is engraved MCE from MBR Sep. 1905 which brings me nicely to my next picture ...




Please click on picture for a closeup view


... SAL JHA 1905 - such a coincidence it has the same date as the thimble! I finished this sampler (which measures 5" x 5") a few weeks ago but today has been the first day I have been able to get a nice picture. This SAL was arranged by Simone of Soed Idee *here*. I am not sure whether or not this is still available. Thank you Simone for such an enjoyable SAL.

I have almost finished another little red sampler Marquoir de Jeanne from François Prax Miniatures au point du croix, which is stitched on the same 48ct walnut ink dyed linen with NPI silk thread 505 that I used for the JHA 1905 sampler. I will post a picture of this once it's done.


It's a beautiful day here today. The sun is shining so I must get ready to take sweet little Hector for a walk along the promenade. Although it was sunny yesterday there was a cold sea breeze so we avoided the seafront. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


9 Comments: