< iStitch
Wednesday 20 February 2013
Paris - Part 2






Valie and I exchanged gifts on my recent trip to Paris. Antique spools with thread and lace, SEW pins - ideal for my 'Sew' patterns, a ceramic heart for Valentine's Day in my favourite shade of blue and Loccitane Hand Cream to sooth my Winter stricken hands.  I also received a beautifully made bag just perfect for carrying my stitching to my group meetings. There are more pictures of this gorgeous work on Valie's blog *here*. Thank you dear friend for spoiling me!




Photo with the permission of Valie

I also took gifts to Valie - a Quaker Pinwheel embroidered with her initial and a teensy teddy bear. The pinwheel is stitched on 40ct raw Newcastle linen with HDF silk threads in White and Examplar Lark's Tongue.



Photo with the permission of Valie

Amongst other gifts, I gave her a Cathedral Window pincushion in some of her favourite colours. This is my first attempt at this type of sewing and although it's not perfect I know she appreciates that I was out of my comfort zone making this. Will there be a second attempt? As yet I have no idea but never say never!





Whilst I was away it was Angela's birthday so she also received a Quaker Pinwheel with her initial. This is also stitched on 40ct raw Newcastle linen with HDF silk thread in white and Hibiscus. Pink is Angela's favourite colour so I knew I would be safe in choosing this vibrant shade of pink. 





A closeup of Angela's Pinwheel - the back is a plain silk fabric. I hope to release the whole alphabet (plus an online finishing tutorial) on iStitch Designs so look out for Sew a Quaker Pinwheel in the near future.




Click on the picture for a closeup view


I promised more pictures of my Parisian trip so rather than post separate pictures I made a collage. We visited the fabric stores at Montmartre and then climbed the many steps to the Sacre Coeur. The walk down was far easier than the climb up! It was a beautiful sunny day although a little cold - poor Kirby (in the centre picture) looks absolutely frozen despite her gorgeous faux fur jacket!  On the journey to Valie's home we drove through the streets of Paris glimpsing the Eiffel Tower and the Moulin Rouge and despite there being no 'lanes' we arrived safely at our destination where we had a most enjoyable meal at a local steak restaurant and I ate snails for the first time. Kirby turned up her nose and skipped the starters LOL 

It was again a very successful trip but was over far too quickly. It was good to meet with Valie and spend time with her and her delightful family. As before I was quite impressed with the Eurostar service - the trains were on time and the carriages were clean. We arrive back at Ashford International where Kirby's boyfriend was waiting for her with a large bunch of red roses. Ken was also waiting for me but ... no roses. Who says romance is dead?

Before I finish for today, there is more stash for sale of my aptly named 'Stash for Sale' blog click *here* or on the Stash Sale button on the sidebar

Thanks for visiting
Take care 


Labels: , ,

 
|


9 Comments:


  • On 20 February 2013 at 16:52, Anonymous Anonymous

    Glad that it was an enjoyable trip for you : I was so pleased to see the two of you and drive you in the no lanes streets of Paris !

     
  • On 20 February 2013 at 16:52, Anonymous Anonymous

    Glad that it was an enjoyable trip for you : I was so pleased to see the two of you and drive you in the no lanes streets of Paris !

     
  • On 20 February 2013 at 17:28, Blogger Vickie

    Such lovely gifts all around! Snails!! No way, I am with Kirby on that.
    It that lovely young lady holding a black poodle puppy behind Angela's initial?

     
  • On 20 February 2013 at 23:20, Blogger Ruth

    Congrats on a obviously successful adventure! Beautiful stitching and sewing (imprefections are invisible!).

    Can't wait to see more.

     
  • On 21 February 2013 at 06:58, Blogger Cécilevf

    Beautiful exchange

     
  • On 21 February 2013 at 06:59, Blogger Cécilevf

    Beautiful exchange

     
  • On 21 February 2013 at 12:56, Blogger Yuko

    How gorgeous trip it was, Carol!
    I'm sure you two had lovely time there with Valie!
    I always want to join in your trip to Paris.
    And your Quaker Pinwheel is beautiful, and you've maden wonderful gifts for your friends!!
    You are so talented, Carol.
    I'm looking for Quaker Alphabets design to make my own. :D

     
  • On 22 February 2013 at 17:05, Blogger Solstitches

    Lovely gifts both given and received.
    I had already admired the bag on Valie's blog. It's gorgeous.
    The Quaker pinwheels are a lovely idea. I shall definitely want to make one of those.
    Very impressed with your Cathedral Window PC. I have a half made one and it's a mess!

    Margaret

     
  • On 26 February 2013 at 07:10, Blogger Michelle

    Oh beautiful xx