< iStitch
Sunday 13 January 2013
JAH 1905 - Part 4



Please click on the picture for a closeup view


Simone released Part 4 of the SAL JHA 1905 on yesterday and I could not wait to get it stitched up. I am so enjoying stitching this tiny little sampler on my favourite Gander linen with my favourite red silk floss! The scissors - Bohin Petites are a tiny 2¼" and can be purchased from Anita's Little Stitches *here* at a sale price of $16.90 so hurry hurry if you want to take advantage of this offer. 




Please click on the picture for a closeup view


New Year's Day was a most beautiful day with plenty of sunshine even though it was rather cold. We decided to take a walk along the coast path to Kingsdown and I remembered to take my camera with me to take a few pictures. There was a charity fun run going on so we had to make sure not to get in their way!




Please click on the picture for a closeup view


The fishermen took the day off and their nets were piled up on the beach.




Click on the picture for a closeup view


I have posted a few pictures of Deal Castle *here* which is the castle we can see from our bedroom windows in the past but this is Walmer Castle and yes we are lucky enough to have two castles very close to our home. Walmer Castle was built by Henry VIII in 1539-1540 and is now the residence of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother visited here many times during her lifetime. If you want more information on Walmer Castle go *here*






And back to stitching - here is Mylene's version of iStitch Designs New Year freebie which she sent to me just recently. It is stitched on 28ct linen with DMC 115. What a pretty stitch and finish and thank you Mylene for allowing me to post this here. 

This freebie chart is still available *here* 

A quick update on my Aran knitting. The back, both sleeves, pockets are completed and one front side is nearly done. I have also knitted up the ribbing on the second side which I started at Stitch-n-Bitch as I didn't think I would concentrate on the pattern with so much chatter at our first meeting this year. I will post a picture shortly.


Thanks for visiting 
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


8 Comments: