Click on the picture for a closeup view
Last Friday some of my stitch group and I met up to do some 'finishing' and this mason jar is something that I actually finished although I did get other things part done. The top is stitched 1*2 on antique white 40ct linen with creme HDF silk thread and embellished with three antique buttons. The pattern of flowers and leaves is the same design I used for the cartouche inside my hoop box *here* although I omitted the 'C' to leave space for the buttons. The band around the lid is 'alphabet tape' but I think I will replace this with some pretty cream lace; the jar is filled with creme and white antique buttons. Scissors are 'Modele Fleur de Nogent' available *here*
I have posted the chart for this jar top *here* but would ask if you re-post this on Pinterest please pin before you enlarge the chart so it links back as too many 'free charts' are just linking directly to the charts - thank you.
I located the pattern that I posted about on November 14 - thank you Chizue. For anyone interested it is part of the French SAL Pochette de brodeuse ABCD'Air and can be found *here*. The site is in French so you may have to search around to find the charts but they are there. I have nearly finished stitching this 1*1 on 38ct antique white French Gander linen with AVAS Soie Surfine 2652. This is fine blue silk thread and makes a change from my usual red but I will be starting Simone's SAL on December 1 so I will be back to red silk in my needle shortly.
After a wet and blustery Saturday the sun has made an appearance this morning! It's still cold and windy but it certainly feels good to see some sunshine.
Thanks for visiting