< iStitch
Sunday 25 November 2012
Mason Jar Top


Click on the picture for a closeup view


Last Friday some of my stitch group and I met up to do some 'finishing' and this mason jar is something that I actually finished although I did get other things part done. The top is stitched 1*2 on antique white 40ct linen with creme HDF silk thread and embellished with three antique buttons. The  pattern of flowers and leaves is the same design I used for the cartouche inside my hoop box *here* although I omitted the 'C' to leave space for the buttons. The band around the lid is 'alphabet tape' but I think I will replace this with some pretty cream lace; the jar is filled with creme and white antique buttons. Scissors are 'Modele Fleur de Nogent' available *here*

I have posted the chart for this jar top *here* but would ask if you re-post this on Pinterest please pin before you enlarge the chart so it links back as too many 'free charts' are just linking directly to the charts  - thank you. 

I located the pattern that I posted about on November 14 - thank you Chizue. For anyone interested it is part of the French SAL Pochette de brodeuse ABCD'Air and can be found *here*. The site is in French so you may have to search around to find the charts but they are there. I have nearly finished stitching this  1*1 on 38ct antique white French Gander linen with AVAS Soie Surfine 2652. This is fine blue silk thread and makes a change from my usual red but I will be starting Simone's SAL on December 1 so I will be back to red silk in my needle shortly.  

After a wet and blustery Saturday the sun has made an appearance this morning! It's still cold and windy but it certainly feels good to see some sunshine.

Thanks for visiting
Take care  


Labels: ,

 
|


4 Comments: