< iStitch
Thursday 25 October 2012
Gertrud Eckardt 1902



Picture clickable for a closeup view

I finished stitching and framing Gertrud Eckardt 1902. Not a great picture but I am very pleased with how this tiny red sampler turned out. It is stitched on 48ct Gander linen dyed with walnut ink with HDF OMG Red 1149. The frame is a cheapie which I stained and distressed. Sorry about the poor picture - it's been extremely dark and gloomy here just lately. I will replace the picture when I can get a better one. The chart is by Dany and was available with a purchase. I cannot now find it in her boutique so you may have to email her if you are interested.  

I have also been finishing a gift and Christmas ornaments - yes - my ornaments are done in October so no last minute panic for me this year! 

Early in February, at the AEF in Paris,  I purchased some pre-cut cards and a Sajou chart to stitch a fold-up booklet. I was told by the stall holder that the model was stitched 1*1 on 12 fils (32ct) and on 15 fils (36ct) by another lady. I have tried stitching on both counts of linen (see *here*) but both times the stitching does not fit the cards. I have now stitched one of the charts 1*2 on 19 fils (48ct) but although the stitching fits fine across the top it does not fit sideways. I guess the pre-cut cards are wrong and I will have to cut my own! 

And talking about the AEF, Kirby and I are planning a visit to the AEF 2013. As the venue has been changed and is now further south of Paris, we are travelling the day before to get an early start at the fair and returning to England later that evening. I will be booking Eurostar tickets in the next day or two and a hotel once my French friend has sent a recommendation - thank you Valie. Is anyone else going this year?

Simone of Soed Idee is holding a SAL of a small red sampler. It starts on December 1 but I am not sure if she is taking signups yet. I have a piece of 48ct walnut ink dyed Gander linen and some Needlepoint Inc 505 silk thread ready and waiting. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 25 October 2012 at 13:22, Blogger angelasweby

    BCarol, Gertrude E is absolutely gorgeous. I love that frame you have used. it makes the whole piece look very authentic.
    Well done on getting your Christmas ornaments done. That's excellent planning. i wish I had mine even started :-)
    What a shame the precut Sajou card wasn't the right fit. maybe you can take it back in February to show them. I wish I was coming with you but don't think it will be possible.
    I've seen Simone's SAL. I gather it was your suggestion she chart this pretty little redwork sampler. Great idea.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 25 October 2012 at 16:27, Blogger Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher

    love it. I would have snuck my initials in there too

     
  • On 25 October 2012 at 17:40, Blogger Shaunterria

    Gertrud Eckardt is beautiful! The floss is such a warm rich color, I think I have a new favorite :) Wonderfully stitched as well, congratulations on an excellent finish.

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

     
  • On 26 October 2012 at 09:03, Anonymous Anonymous

    The GE sampler turned out very striking. I like it ! Looks good on your windowsill.
    I'll check with the hotel I had in mind at lunchtime and let you know about it.
    Too bad about the Sajou - they must be told: you'll see them at the AEF !

     
  • On 28 October 2012 at 15:45, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I would love to go to the show, but I doubt it will happen for me next year. It's definitely on my bucket list.

    I'm sorry that you can't get the chart to fit on the card - how disappointing!

     
  • On 29 October 2012 at 01:53, Blogger Catherine

    Love this finish!

     
  • On 2 November 2012 at 20:32, Blogger Karoline

    Gertrud is gorgeous, congratulations