< iStitch
Sunday 23 December 2012
WIPs




Whilst waiting for Part 3 of Simone's SAL JHA 1905 I decided to start yet another little red. Here is Marquoir de Jeanne from François Prax's Miniatures au point de croix. It's stitched on 48ct Gander linen dyed with walnut ink with Needlepoint Inc silk floss in 505. The scissors are by Dovo.





Many years ago I would knit Aran sweaters for my children. I loved knitting the twisted cables and seeing the pattern grow. I gave up knitting when my hands were bad but since my surgeries I have discovered that I can now knit without pain so decided to knit a cardigan/jacket that I originally knitted for myself in traditional Aran creme and which has since gone to sweater heaven! I wanted to re-create the original but unfortunately the yarn shop didn't have the creme yarn so I chose a charcoal grey instead. It takes a lot of concentration (and there may be a mistake here and there) but I am enjoying it and am looking forward to wearing it, hopefully this Winter.

I am ready for the Christmas holiday which we are spending at son Justin's house. Gifts are all purchased and wrapped in pretty paper ready for delivery on Christmas Day. We will be taking a drive to see the Christmas lights tomorrow evening. 

This will be my last post before the holiday so I take this opportunity of wishing everyone who drops by a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and to thank you for your continued support and visits to read my blog. Don't forget to come back on December 31 to see if you have won the Eiffel Tower scissor fob!

Thanks for visiting
Take care



Labels: , ,

 
|


15 Comments: