< iStitch
Sunday, 5 January 2014
Randje Per Week SAL and more!

January 4 saw the start of the Dutch SAL Randje Per Week *here* and there is a Facebook page *here*. There are, I think, some 600+ participants of this SAL. I decided to stitch this on the banding as suggested by Simone but it's 28ct and those of you who know me know how much I prefer miniature so this project seems enormous! I do have 3" and can easily get the 4¾" banding from Sew and So but without the red edging so I may re-start this. This SAL is a year long weekly project which will, at the end, produce a 2m long band which I am planning on mounting on wood rods with finials. I will then roll it up and tie with a heavy twisted cord and keep in my sewing box. As I am not sure how I will finish the back I am trying to keep the back as neat as possible. I purchased the red-edge banding from Soed Idee and am using DMC 498 and stitching 2*2. There is a secondary colour to be used and I am undecided whether to use blue DMC 336 of DMC Blanc. 

Just before Christmas a friend of my daughter asked me if I would stitch the above verse in commemoration of the year's anniversary of the still birth of her first grand-son and this is what I did. I have no idea where the verse is from or who wrote it and if anyone recognises it I would be happy to give credit. It's stitched 1*1 on 36ct white linen with HDF BeGrimed for the words and the butterfly bodies and Woad Blue 2407 for the butterfly wings.  

Kati of Threads, Thoughts and Other Notions  stitched Sew Advent in the recent iStitch Designs SAL. They are both stitched on the same fabric, 28ct foggy morning jazlynn by the crafty kitten. The threads used... DMC 815, 3362 and then ecru for one, and B5200 for the other. Thank you Kati for allowing your lovely stitching to be showcased!

If you have finished your Sew Advent or, indeed, any other iStitch Design which you would care to show here, please send me a picture, together with details of fabrics and threads used and a blog link if you have one. My email address can be found on my profile.

Two new iStitch Designs have been stitched and the charts prepared. I only need to 'finish' the models for the frontsheet picture and I can then release them for sale.  

I've also finished stitching Camille Jullien which is the SAL I was stitching on 64ct uneven weave linen with Tudor silk thread.  Instead of turning out oblong it turned out square but I'm happy enough with it and will post a picture as soon as I frame it. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

Photobucket posted by Carol R at 15:13 | Permalink | Photobucket