< iStitch
Saturday 9 May 2009
An gift from Japan!


Today I received an unexpected package in the mail. I could see from the return address it was from my dear sweet friend Yuko. As you all know I lack patience (although I do try) so, without further ado, I tore excitedly into the package and found this beautifully stitched gift for Mother's Day (May 10 in Japan)! Anyone who has been the recipient of Yuko's stitching will know exactly what I mean when I say how exquisite this is and that she chose the perfect frame and mat to compliment this pretty design. 


Here is a close up of the perfect stitches! I am not the world's best photographer although I really do try so I suggest you pop over to Yuko's blog (here) as, she is not only a talented stitcher, but is also a fantastic photographer and is sure to post much better pictures than mine.  

Now you may wonder why Yuko sent me a Mother's Day gift? If you are a regular reader of her blog you will know that her MIL is not the most nicest of MIL's that a girl can have. In fact, she seems rather cruel and nasty and treats Yuko quite badly so Yuko and I decided that I will be her 'Surrogate Mother in Law'! Have you noticed that we often put 'SMILe' on our comments? So if you wondered what this meant - now you know!

Thank you so much Yuko - I love it. It's already hanging in a prominent position in my home so I can see it and think of you and your dear little son!


Also this week, the mail brought an ebay win of a glass flower frog. Just the thing for my scissors collection so I gave it a good wash and filled the holes with some of my scissors! I really must sort out all of my scissors to show! What is it with stitchers that we need to own more than one pair of scissors? 

I discovered Les Ciseaux d'Emmanuel whose scissors make me positively drool at the prospect of owning a pair. These scissors are completely hand-made by Emmanuel who tells me that each pair can take 20-40 hours to make depending on the complexity of the design. The cost for a simple design is 170.00€ and for the most complex is 350.00€. If you are able to indulge yourself and want to make not only me but the rest of the stitching/blogging world really envious, email me and I will let you have Emmanuel's email address. Now why couldn't I win the £112 million on the Euro Millions Lottery draw so I could keep Emmanuel in employment for the rest of his life?

And last but not least, I also received another package from dear Edgar containing a sweet treat of Midnight Milky Ways - yummy! Thank you Edgar.

Stitching wise, the Dutch Band Sampler is coming along nicely although I think I overdid it with a couple of hours stitching yesterday afternoon and then for most of the evening. My hand is letting me know today that it's not ready for stitching marathons!  

Thanks for visiting - enjoy the weekend
Take care 

Labels: , ,

 
|


23 Comments:


  • On 9 May 2009 at 13:47, Blogger Kim B

    Carol - I hope your hand is feeling better soon from your "marathon" stitching!

    What an amazing gift Yuko! That is so sweet. DH's aunt is mu SMIL, and I cherish her. So I know how sweet it must be for Yuko to have you! :)

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 15:14, Blogger tangerinedream73

    Lovely gift from Yuko and such a sweet treat from Edgar! Hope your hand feels better after your stitching marathon! Take care sweet friend and Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 15:22, Blogger Brigitte

    Carol, you are right, Yuko's stitching is so beautiful. It's a wonderful gift.
    I love these scissor frogs very much, they are perfect for holding all your scissors and display them.

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 15:44, Blogger Sheila

    What a wonderful gift from Yuko - I love the hummingbird - and so beautifully framed too.
    I must check out scissor frogs - yours looks great.
    Hope your hand is getting better and better.

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 16:17, Blogger Natasha

    I agree I trully love lookin g at Yulo's blog and drooling over her beautifuly stitched pieces. Lovely gift mt friend...

    Midnight Mily Ways... are these a favorite of yours ;)

    Please take care and enjoy your weekend. How is your hand by the way?

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 16:52, Blogger Melissa

    What a beautiful gift Yuko has stitched AND framed! Lucky you and lucy Yuko to have you as her SMIL!

    Happy Mother's Day!

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 17:02, Blogger lena-lou

    How very lovely :-)

    Have nice weekend Carol

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 19:57, Blogger Daffycat

    What a sweet present from Yuko! How nice you're standing in as her MIL...she really deserves that!

     
  • On 9 May 2009 at 23:45, Blogger valerie

    What a sweet gift from Yuko. Love that little hummingbird! Hope your hand feels better. I've been marathoning the last two days. It's been fantastic!

    Happy Mothers Day!

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 02:22, Blogger Theresa

    How sweet is Yuko~~ It is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!
    I love how you displayed your scissors~ So smart!!!!!!
    Hope your hands gets better!!!!!

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 03:09, Blogger Diane

    Your stitched gift is incredible what a great friend. I have several of those lovely scissors from the man in France. Can I have his email address so that I can contact him about buying some more pairs? The ones I have were bought from The French Needle. Thanks

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 06:12, Blogger Carla

    Hello, Carol.
    I have just came from Yuko's, where I read the MIL story. She told people to come here to understand it better, and I also smiled with the whole thing. It's funny and very sweet of both of you have this relationship of profound care.

    I'm also a scissors maniac, and I just falled in love with Emmanuel's ones. Wow! They are realy gorgeous! I think I'll keep some money and ask you his e-mail address, so I can buy some of those beauties.

    The glass frog you bought at e-bay is realy very practical, a nice way to keep some scissors handly.

    Happy Mother's Day for you and congrats for your beautgiful gift made by Yuko.

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 14:59, Blogger Karoline

    What a gorgeous gift from Yuku, I hope your hand feels better soon

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 15:58, Blogger staci

    That is a beautiful gift from Yuko! And I know what you mean about the scissors...I saw some of those 'gorgeous' and 'expensive' French ones, I'm with you there!!!

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day Carol! {{hugs}}

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 16:34, Blogger Dragon Half-Heart

    Happy Mother's Day indeed! That is a lovely treasure. I am blessed in that I have a wonderful MIL, but I can imagine having one who is not so nice.

    I too found Yuko's work to be gorgeous. Your glass frog idea for your scissor display is very creative, alas, I have but one pair of scissors, I have had them since 1985 when I first started doing counted cross stitching.

    I really do understand about the hand issues. I developed cts during my second pregnancy trying to finish up an afghan that I was doing for my baby, it was a precious moments pic, and the biggest project I ever did. I hope your hand feels better soon.

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 18:06, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey, I like the glass frog (wink wink)! Word must have been round, as prices are going up on e-bay ! So, you are a surrogate MIL - why not ? I wouldn't want an extra MIL... Be careful with your hand, or else they will want to have a go at the thum and the little finger too...

     
  • On 10 May 2009 at 18:12, Blogger Carla

    How sweet of hber to send you a guft for Mother's Day :)

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 05:35, Blogger Marie

    How sweet of you to step in and become Yuko's SMIL ~ I had read about her MIL...Yikes! What a wonderful surprise to receive such a special gift.

    What a great idea for holding scissors, I shall keep my eyes open for one of those.

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 15:00, Blogger Julie

    Carol, nice progress on the Dutch sampler. I'm not nearly as far as you.

    Yuko's piece to you is stunning! WOW!!! And you are such a blessing to take Yuko in. LOL It's a shame about her MIL. What is wrong with son's and their mothers??? Mine was cruel on my wedding day and it isn't the best memory of my wedding day. My DH either.

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 16:49, Blogger Angela

    Wow Carol,
    This is such a lovely gift from Yuko. What beautiful stitching and such a gorgeous frame. Yuko is the sweetest person :>) She really deserves a lovely SMILe like you.
    I love your glass frog. What a great idea to put your scissors in.
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 11 May 2009 at 21:56, Blogger Carla

    Hello, Carol!

    Thanks for your visit and also for Emmanuel's address. You are realy very, very kind.

    I'll write to Emmanuel and try to know the value of one or two scissors which, I think, maybe I can afford now. Then I'll let you know which I may buy. Thanks a lot for showing the address of his page and this way let me know about those beauties he sells.

    Excuse me if my English sounds (or seems) bad, but... er... I'm not a good speaker.

     
  • On 12 May 2009 at 14:50, Blogger Ranae

    Aren't unexpected package the best!
    It's so very nice of Yuko to adopt you, lol. The gift is fantastic.
    I Love to see scissors pics.

     
  • On 16 May 2009 at 02:34, Blogger All things beautiful

    What lovely stitching from Yuko, you are so blessed. And I think that glass frog is great - I've never come across anything like that here. Is it specifically meant for scissors alone? Is it available anywhere other than a haberdashery you think?