< iStitch
Wednesday 22 April 2009
PLR Update


As you can see I have stitched a little more on Petites Lettres Rouges. It's slow going but I am enjoying it! I had thought that the Gander fabric was 40ct but, by my calculations, with a stitch count of 110 x 62, 1*2, the design would measure 5.5" x 3.1". As you can see the side measurement is 2.5" so the fabric must be 48/50ct - no wonder I had to use my magnifier! Did anyone notice that the W was missing from the pattern and that the X and Y are round the wrong way? I am undecided as whether to put this right or stitch as charted but, as I have already corrected the border and have decided to stitched the numbers in line with the letters, I probably will put it in if the space is big enough. I made a mistake in that I stitched the 9 one stitch too close to the 8 so I had to unpick - I think you can just see this? Let me tell you that unpicking on such a high count fabric is not an easy task? 

Valerie is celebrating her 4th year blogoversary  with a giveaway so go (here) to enter and wish her a Happy Blogoversary!

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday so I was able to sit outside with my book - Karin Slaughter's 'Triptych' - I have been wanting to read this for ages and it was another of my 'finds' at the library last weekend. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


17 Comments:


  • On 22 April 2009 at 10:00, Blogger Virginia

    It's such a fine work ! I'll stitch it during these holidays.

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 12:30, Blogger Brigitte

    Such delicate stitching. I love the look of it being so tiny.

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous

    Should I feel bad about making you stitch so small ? :-( But it is worth the result !

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 13:54, Blogger Deb

    Your stitching looks great. I'm doing mine on 32 count over one. I'm not used to that because taking out stitches is a nightmare!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 14:27, Blogger WendyJo

    Beautiful stitching Carol and I love it on a higher count..I think I may give that a try myself.

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 16:55, Blogger Carla

    wow! 50ct?! that's tiny!!!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 17:07, Blogger Natasha

    wow 48/50ct you brave brave girl LOL.. I dod not notice the letters but I will probably just leave them off I am really no good with placing things on an already printed chart.... I cant wait to see all the =different versions
    Natasha

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 17:34, Blogger Kim B

    It's gorgeous!!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 18:41, Blogger staci

    Gorgeous!!! My goodness...I think I could only stitch that small if I had a spotlight, a magnifier, bifocals and someone else's eyes and hands LOL!!!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 23:05, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    LOVE IT. You are, as usual, stitching amazingly. Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 23:26, Blogger Cindy F.

    Very pretty progress Carol!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 23:30, Blogger Starry-eyed stitcher

    Apparently, some samplers were used as stitching aids - rather than educational tools - therefore if you could stitch a 'V' you could stitch a 'W'. This was also the case with 'I' which was often missed as 'J' and L' taught the same shape.
    Amazing work though!!

     
  • On 22 April 2009 at 23:58, Blogger Unknown

    Beautiful stitching! Couldn't pay me enough to attempt it on such a high-count fabric!
    If I remember my high school french correctly, there's no "W" in the French alphabet so maybe that's why it's not on the sampler.

     
  • On 23 April 2009 at 01:23, Blogger valerie

    Nice progress Carol! 50 count is so small though...don't know how you do it! Thanks for posting about my giveaway! :)

     
  • On 23 April 2009 at 03:52, Anonymous Anonymous

    Carol, glad to see that you're stitching again. Hope your recovery has gone well.

    I'm a little late to the party, but I just started "Petite Lettres Rouges" last night. Will try to finish soon. I'm doing mine over one on 32 count and talked myself out of frogging a section I miscounted. Can't imagine frogging on the higher count!

    Your version looks positively lovely!!

     
  • On 23 April 2009 at 12:38, Blogger Karan

    Lovely to watch this develop. :0)

     
  • On 24 April 2009 at 09:10, Blogger Hazel

    I think she said something about missing some letters out to make it fit. Anyway, yours is looking gorgeous. xx