< iStitch
Friday 17 April 2009
Get laid ...

[photo is clickable]

... by Oatmor Harris!  As I do not have any stitching pictures to show, I thought this photo of Kirby might amuse! It was taken at the local carnival parade last Summer and shows not only Kirby (center) with a couple of her friends but the young lady behind them in the Ugg boots and baseball cap is my daughter, Nicola, who is Kirby's mum! Oatmor Harris is my son-in-law's company and he always enters into the spirit of local carnivals by not only entering the parade but by loaning out other trucks (with drivers) for others to participate too.

My last remaining stitch was removed last Tuesday morning and my hand is still a bit tender but I am hoping to get some stitching done over the weekend. I went to Stitch-n-Bitch on Wednesday evening to discover that the charts and materials that we had all ordered for the Just Nan 15-sided biscornu had arrived. We have decided to stitch this as a group project and will be making a start on May 17 at an all-day Sunday stitch-in! I am looking forward to doing this pretty project. 

While blog surfing earlier today I discovered that Blackbird Designs are holding a stitching competition (here) and they even provide the free pattern. Vonna (April 16 post) has already finished hers and has stitched her grand-mother's name and date of birth. Isn't this a great idea - one which I may steal if I can discover the year of my grand-mother's birth as I have no idea. We have ten days in which to stitch and mail a picture to BD - I hope I can do this in time!

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 17 April 2009 at 11:01, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Kirby and your daughter are absolutely gorgeous! Both are just pretty :) The shirt is funny...I'm assuming they are a paving company? That's hilarious! LOL!
    :)
    I know you can finish your BBD up in no time ;)

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 11:52, Blogger Karan

    Great pic & funny logo LOL Hope the stitch removal goes OK - enjoy the stitching. :0)

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 12:30, Blogger Kim B

    I saw this freebie competition yesterday afternoon and had decided to stitch my grandmother's name and birth year as well! Great minds!!

    Glad to hear your recovering!

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 13:56, Blogger glamlawlib

    Great photo lol :)

    Hope your hand is ok for stitching, the BBD freebie is v.tempting, Vonna's was lovely, sure yours will be too.

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 15:26, Blogger Deb

    When I saw your title, Get laid - I thought you were laying floss! LOL Cute picture.

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 15:45, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Great photo but my new mac won't let me click on it so I can't make it bigger whaaaaaaa! Loved the title though - made me think of all kinds of things :;) Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 16:10, Blogger staci

    Your title sure had me curious, lol! Those shirts are too funny :) And you have the prettiest daughter and granddaughter~~your daughter looks way too young to have an adult daughter of her own BTW!!! (Love the pic in that cute country lane!)

    Hope that your hand is mending and the soreness is wearing off. Have a good weekend {{hugs}}

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 17:18, Blogger valerie

    Wow...Nicola seriously does not look old enough to be Kirby's mom but I suppose good genes run in the family. I def. see the family resemblance between you two! Good to hear you are recovering well...off to work on an email to you. Yes, so long overdue! :)

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 19:02, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, what great photos :>) So many smiling and grubby faces...haha!
    Hope your hand is feeling much better now the final stitch is removed. It's not been a very nice experience at all! I bet you can't wait to start sttiching again.
    Like you, I was so inspired by Vonna's amazingly quick and very lovely sampler dedicated to her granny. I loved the idea and thought it would be a great way of commemorating MIL's 100th birthday! I think 1909 will look really pretty on this, don't you! :>)
    Warm hugs Angela

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 19:32, Blogger doris

    LOL ... At first I thought your title was giving all of us some weekend advice!

    Your girls are truly babes.

    Hope your hand is ready for some stitch-free stitching.

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 19:43, Blogger Michele

    oh I love people with a good sense of humor!!! Your daughter and granddaughter are lovely :)

    glad to hear the hand is healing well! I bet you can't wait to get stitching again!

    I printed out the freebie from Vonna's blog .. I don't know if I'll get it done for the contest, but I do want to stitch it .. I'm going to use my mom's name/year of birth. She's been gone for 11 years.

     
  • On 17 April 2009 at 21:50, Blogger Rowyn

    You could try the website ancestry.co.uk for your Grandmother's birthdate. I was tinkering on it one day, and ended up building a rather large family tree! It's a great source of information.

     
  • On 18 April 2009 at 03:25, Blogger Deb

    Dear Carol, I'm so happy to know your hand's getting well. What an ordeal you've been through. My youngest son, who is now 32, was frostbitten when he was 4 on all ten fingers, and the pain of fingers wrapped is multilayered, I know. Both physical and emotional. So I'm so happy for you that you have them back, finally!! Please use the hand with care...:] Hugs, Deb

     
  • On 18 April 2009 at 07:31, Anonymous Anonymous

    Carol,
    Both daughter and granddaughter look great ! I suppose they take after the grandmother ! Too late for the BBD contest (actually not feeling much like stitching), but still I'll download the chart. Hope you can stitch this week end -
    Val

     
  • On 18 April 2009 at 10:19, Blogger Brigitte

    I love the picture of your daughter and granddaughter.
    It's good to read that all went well with your hand and I hope you will be back to stitching real soon. The JN project sounds terrific.