< iStitch
Sunday 29 March 2009
A flower pincushion and a designer bandage!



On Saturday I received this most delightful flower in the mail from dear sweet Susan (no blog) from New Hope PA. Susan and I have been friends for ages and she sent me this to help me heal! Isn't it sweet? You stand it in a spool of thread and use the top for pins. Thank you so much Susan - I love it and can't wait to use it.




An update on the bandage situation! This is the latest designer model - I can move my fingers and hey I can type with two hands - for a while anyway! I think the next step is a Mepore dressing until the stitches are out and probably for a short while after too. Do you want to see the 'gruesome' pictures too? 

And ...  why wouldn't I rest up? I wanted the bathroom window open; would I wait until Ken was ready to open it? Oh no - I climbed on a stool, grabbed the latch and pulled with my left hand (I normally have to use two - it's a skylight window); the window opened but as I got down off the stool I felt something in my back give ... ouch now I have back pain too! Will I ever learn? 

I went to the library yesterday and came home laden with books to see me through this week but maybe - just maybe - I could try a stitch or two? Mmmn we shall see!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 29 March 2009 at 14:37, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    That is one lovely and deserved gift. Imagine opening the window by yourself - you could and should have waited. Well I think you've learned your lesson good and proper but at least you didn't hurt your right hand so you do have that to be thankful. With a bad back you can still sit and stitch when your hand allows of course. Lots and lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 16:45, Blogger Kim B

    What a sweet gift! And enjoy your chance to rest and let others do the work - like opening the windows!

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 17:15, Blogger Daffycat

    What a cute little pincushion!

    Oh ouch! I hope your back feels better soon. Rest up, girl!

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 17:26, Blogger JillMN

    Carol R.--
    Would you please just SIT DOWN!

    You surely don't want to be away from stitching any longer than you needed to be. Get well soon. I miss seeing your lovely pictures of all your stitches.

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 18:35, Blogger Meari

    Cute pincushion, and what a lovely "designer" bandage. Hope your back is doing better now.

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 18:53, Blogger Theresa

    Such a wonderful gift!!!!
    Sorry to hear about your back..... You should sit down and be the queen for a while~

     
  • On 29 March 2009 at 23:27, Blogger doris

    Your hand still looks swollen, but you sound like you're doing very well, you sneaky window-opener. Be careful! Enjoy those books and movies and forget about doing anything else.

     
  • On 30 March 2009 at 11:07, Anonymous Anonymous

    hiya carol lovely gift you recieved.. do rest up though.. enjoy the reading sit back relax and read your books.. luxury.. lol

     
  • On 30 March 2009 at 11:31, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sweet flower, I like the idea.
    You already know what I think of impatient ladies... Hope your back is better and please stick to safe activities such as reading until the doctors give you the allclear.
    ;-)
    Val

     
  • On 30 March 2009 at 11:45, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sorry to hear about your hand and back... I hope you feel yourself better soon. Best wishes! :)

     
  • On 30 March 2009 at 17:04, Blogger Brigitte

    Such a lovely little gift.
    Your hand sounds to be somewhat better than the last time you posted. Maybe you will be able to stitch a little bit soon. But until then - just read and relax. Wishing you all the best.

     
  • On 30 March 2009 at 22:56, Blogger Shelleen

    you just had better rest and read your books. Rely on others to help you.

     
  • On 31 March 2009 at 14:08, Blogger WendyJo

    Love the pincushion!

    Now..Carol...as has been said...you should have waited for Ken to open the window! Girl..what am I going to do with you...please take good care...

    {{hugs}} Wendy Jo

     
  • On 31 March 2009 at 14:51, Blogger Ronel

    Lovely idea for the pincushion. Get well soon.