< iStitch
Sunday 15 March 2009
It's officially Spring!


It must be Spring as today my dear little tortoise Tommy decided it was time that he woke up from his long Winter hibernation. Do you remember back in October (here) when he decided he was ready for 'bed' and dug himself into the garden and we spent ages searching for him? And now here he is awake and has already found himself a sunny spot in the garden. I tend to worry that he will not survive the long cold months so I'm very happy today to see his sweet little face!


The above picture is a sneak preview of a re-stitch of a Christmas gift that went missing in the mail. I will show the complete ornament once it is received by it's new owner. I don't have a right size box to mail it but, once I have, it will be on it's way across the ocean.

I have also stitched another gift but this needs to be 'finished' which I hope to do either later today or maybe tomorrow. And then I shall work on Beatrix Potter until my surgery. It's not long now - just over a week and I am getting a bit nervous. Silly really as I know exactly what to expect although this time I will be having a local anesthetic as opposed to a general that I had last time so I will be wide awake whilst they carry out the procedure. I need volunteers to call round and dress me, brush my hair and help around the house! Ok don't all rush ... 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


21 Comments:


  • On 15 March 2009 at 12:21, Blogger lena-lou

    Hi Carol, I have just shown my little DS that Tommy is awake, he has been waiting and is very excited to know he is ready for spring :-))
    As for help when you are recovering...you can book me in for your hair.
    Take care

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 14:06, Blogger Kim B

    Welcome back Tommy! I'll keep you in my prayers that the surgery goes well! I am a whiz with the laundry, so count me in for domestic duties :)

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 15:52, Blogger Sheila

    Glad Tommy has woken up and therefore Spring must be coming. Good luck with the surgery next week.

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 15:53, Blogger staci

    Hurray for Tommy! Now there's a sure sign it's spring :)

    Am thinking of you and your upcoming surgery {{hugs}}

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 15:55, Blogger Daffycat

    Happy spring, Tommy! Or would that be good morning? Hey, no fair...you have green grass! lol

    Don't worry too much over the surgery, you'll do fine! ***hugs***

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 17:25, Anonymous Anonymous

    Not a clue what "domestic duties" are... ;-)
    You will be alright, but I understand your worrying. Maybe you can help the doctors with the stitching... :-[
    If Tommy (grand son's name ?) is out, spring is definitely in the air !

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 19:08, Blogger mainely stitching

    It's great to see Tommy again!!

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 19:23, Blogger Theresa

    Tommy's awake~~~ Spring is really here!!!!
    Good luck with your surgery!!!

     
  • On 15 March 2009 at 19:55, Blogger Cindy F.

    Thank you for waking up Tommy! We're ready for spring in Texas too!
    Your restitch is beautiful!
    If I were in your area, I'd be happy to help you out:)

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 05:29, Blogger Rowyn

    I love seeing your posts about Tommy. It's great that he's woken up :-)

    I can come around and 'organise' your stash while you are out of action, if you like? :-)

    Good luck with the operation.

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 10:07, Blogger Nicola

    The re-stitch looks lovely, look forward to seeing the whole gift. Good luck with your hand surgery.

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 11:54, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs

    I wish I could hibernate over winter, just like Tommy.

    Good luck with the surgery!

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 12:57, Blogger Karoline

    Definitely Spring :) Good to see Tommy again

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 16:23, Blogger Karan

    Now I know for certain Spring is here. :0) Will be thinking of you & wish you a speedy recovery. :0)

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 20:58, Blogger Jeanne

    Glad Tommy is back. A friend of mine here in Phoenix has 2 desert tortoises and they also hibernate over the winter. She has a dugout she built for them and grows their favorite food too! Good luck with your surgery - we will be checking in on you.

     
  • On 16 March 2009 at 21:51, Blogger Michele

    So glad to hear it's becoming Spring there and that Tommy is back :)

    I wish I could be there to help you .. anything to get me out of work! lol

    Keeping positive thoughts for you!

     
  • On 17 March 2009 at 02:21, Blogger Shelleen

    I am glad that your tortoise survived the winter.

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 13:07, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    You aren't going to believe this...honestly you aren't....but I was just thinking, I wonder when Carol's tortoise is going to wake up?! Hurray! Spring is here!!!

     
  • On 18 March 2009 at 13:07, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    You aren't going to believe this...honestly you aren't....but I was just thinking, I wonder when Carol's tortoise is going to wake up?! Hurray! Spring is here!!!

     
  • On 19 March 2009 at 20:48, Blogger Irene

    Great to see Tommy awake after all this time. Good luck with the surgery.

     
  • On 20 March 2009 at 22:58, Blogger Brigitte

    Oh yes, this must be spring!
    What a nice sneak preview of the ornament.