< iStitch
Monday 23 February 2009
Red silks!


The Vicky Clayton silk flosses I ordered for my 'miniature' stitching arrived this morning - such a choice of luscious reds. I took my Miniatures au Point du Croix book to Stitch-n-Bitch last Wednesday evening and now they all want a copy - I guess Amazon.fr will be inundated with orders for this book! My LNS rang me to say that the 55ct (!) linen she ordered in for our group has arrived and she has put some by for me so I will be collecting this later today. I doubt I will be stitching 1*1 on this! 



I received Edgar's Quaker Friendship RR last Wednesday, I stitched my section and it is now back in the mail to Valerie in San Francisco. This is the last RR I need to stitch on so now I have to wait patiently for my RR to return home. Edgar chose the same Vicky Clayton Raisin Wine silk floss, together with Old Maid of the Soil for accents, for his RR that I chose to stitch my Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler with, although his fabric is 32ct stitched 2*2 whereas Beatrix is 1*2 on 36ct. It's surprising how different they are. 

I also made a start on a re-stitch of a Christmas gift that went missing (here). Poor Wendy-Jo was upset that the tiny cracker I had sent to her got lost in the mail so I said that I would either stitch her another or something completely different but she chose the cracker. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can send it to her. 

I thought that my cold/flu bug had gone but no ... either that or I have another cold. This is the fifth week so hopefully it will clear up soon as it's definitely no fun sniffing, sneezing and coughing all the time. 

Last night we had a power cut. You would think that, in the middle of the night, this wouldn't cause much of a problem but for some reason, when the power came back on it tripped our alarm system. So at 3.25am I was out of bed re-setting the alarm which in itself caused a problem as it wouldn't reset. Ken ended up turning off the electricity supply and disconnecting the system to stop the awful noise - I bet you are glad you don't live near us!

Thanks for visiting
 Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


17 Comments:


  • On 23 February 2009 at 12:58, Blogger aeljot

    Beautiful red silks, I can't wait to see miniature stitching made by using this colors.

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 13:05, Blogger Nicole

    Carol, those silks are beautiful! Wow 55 ct. Linen!! I couldn't imagine stitching on something so small! Good luck! :) Edgar's RR is beautiful! I'm sure he will love it! :)

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 13:45, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Carol the silks are gorgeous and you are right I am glad I don't live near you. Except if it had happened here there would be a whole load of noise as almost everybody has alarms. Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 14:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    Like you, there are various reds I want to try for the miniatures. I actually found yesterday some V. Clayton silk "forgotten" in a drawer, a rather dull red. I also ordered some Brussels linen from NIHS this morning. Think of Amazon being flooded with requests for that French book - I am glad if we started a trend !
    Hope you feel better soon and the alarm is fixed ;=)
    Val

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 14:36, Blogger Kim B

    What beautiful silks! 55 count linen sounds eye straining :)

    The RR is gorgeous!

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 15:30, Blogger Brigitte

    I love all kind of reds. These silks are so beautiful. If I had got them I would have started immediately to use them. I'm looking forward to see your miniature stitching.
    Edgar's RR is wonderful!

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 16:07, Blogger Stephanie

    Lovely reds, they really are luscious :) But don't envy you 1/1 on 55 count!! Your little miniatures will be worth it at the end though.

    I was down (sort of) your way this weekend, at a 40th birthday party in New Romney - bit of bracing sea air on Sunday woke me up for the drive home :)

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 17:47, Blogger staci

    Love all your red silks...they're looovely!

    And Edgar's RR is gorgeous too :)

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 19:19, Blogger Theresa

    Oooh~~~~~
    Love the red!!!!
    Edgar's RR is so beautiful as well~~ I'm sure he's going to love it!!!

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 23:07, Blogger Ellen

    Gorgeous red silks, would love to try some someday. Edgar's RR is beautiful, I love red.

    Hugs

     
  • On 23 February 2009 at 23:49, Blogger valerie

    Love the red silks...my favorite color! I'm sure you'll have fun and 55 ct linen!?!

    Edgar's RR is looking great! Can't wait for it to land in my mailbox!

     
  • On 24 February 2009 at 11:32, Blogger argone

    I like this book, too ...
    thanks for your comment on my blog
    hugs
    argone
    http://argone.over-blog.com

     
  • On 24 February 2009 at 13:49, Blogger WendyJo

    Those red silks are gorgeous Carol and Edgar's RR is very nice as well.

    And...55 ct linen..WOW

     
  • On 24 February 2009 at 18:03, Blogger Karan

    Those red silks are so lush! Beautiful piece too. :0)

     
  • On 24 February 2009 at 19:04, Blogger Annemarie

    Yum, the silks look like a collection of forest fruits. Beautiful!
    Sorry to hear you've fallen victim to the mysterious virus too. It's been raging in my little household for six weeks too!

     
  • On 25 February 2009 at 01:30, Blogger Von

    You have some gorgeous silks there, Carol! Can't wait to see your miniature project. :)

     
  • On 25 February 2009 at 15:50, Blogger Cindy F.

    Beautiful red silks and Edgar's RR!
    Feel better soon Carol!