< iStitch
Saturday 14 February 2009
Fast service from Amazon.fr!


Amazing service from Amazon.fr - on Thursday I ordered the above book (see my previous post) and this morning it arrived! You would not believe how tiny the patterns are and I cannot wait to try one. I know that I cannot read any of the instructions but a pattern is a pattern in any language! Thank you Valie for showing this book on your blog - I would never have known it existed otherwise.

The postman also handed me a card to collect a package from the Post Office as there is Customs Duty of £16.19 to pay! How extortionate is that? I am expecting two packages - some fabric from Needle in a Haystack and a Valentine exchange.

Yesterday I finished another motif on Beatrix Potter SAL. I am not enjoying this as much as I enjoyed Hannah Beeby; the motifs seem exceptionally bigger than those on Miss Hannah - maybe because I am working on 36ct whereas Miss Hannah was on 40ct. However I like the fabric and the silk floss and will carry on.

Happy Valentine's day to all - I received a bouquet of yellow ? roses from Ken!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 14 February 2009 at 13:07, Blogger Laura

    Your new book looks fascinating. Glad to hear you had fast service, because I recently ordered a book from them also. I did not know that I would also get a customs bill.

     
  • On 14 February 2009 at 14:50, Blogger aeljot

    Oh it's really fast.
    And now I will wait for new, little stitches :)

     
  • On 15 February 2009 at 00:40, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I can't believe how quickly this book has arrived. It certainly makes ordering some of the other beautiful French cross stitch books really tempting. It looks like a gorgeous book full of wonderful designs. I followed your link to Valie's blog and had a look at it there too.

    How awful about that dreadful amount charged by the customs. having just been stung myself I know how you must be feeling. I sympathize with you :>)
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 15 February 2009 at 04:54, Blogger Cindy F.

    Sounds like an awesome book!

     
  • On 15 February 2009 at 14:50, Blogger Karoline

    I got stung on my class kit for the online Merry Cox class. I don't mind paying the VAT, it's the £8 handling charge I object to.

     
  • On 16 February 2009 at 10:46, Anonymous Anonymous

    I have never had to pay any custom charges - touch wood ! I have only ordered from the UK a couple of times and it's been fine.