< iStitch
Friday 6 February 2009
Snowflakes and crystals




I finished my snowflake for February 2009 Christmas Challenge yesterday but it was too dark to take a picture so I waited until this morning and was rewarded with sunlight. It's quite difficult to photograph white on white so I hope you can see the effect - maybe the sunlight was too bright and I will try and reshoot later. The pattern is by Yvette Stanton of Vetty Creations and can be found in the December 2007 issue of Gift of Stitching (page 40). The fabric is my favourite 35ct optic white Brussels linen; the thread is DMC 12 perle cotton and the beads are Swaroski crystal 3mm rounds and silver Delicas. 

I am now working on my last exchange until after my hand surgery although I do not yet have a date. I do not want to sign up for an exchange and not be able to fulfill my commitment so I will continue to work on ornaments for the Challenge and, of course, on Beatrix Potter.  

Thanks for visiting
Take care and have a great weekend

Edited: I thought the photos looked better in black and white so I edited the post! They are clickable if you want a close-up view!

Labels: ,

 
|


31 Comments: