< iStitch
Thursday 29 January 2009
A gift or two!



Kirby came round yesterday to work on her uni project - I think maybe she gets peace and quiet here. While we were having lunch, the postman came with a box and I could see from the return address that it had come from Yuko in Japan and I was very suprised as I was not expecting anything from her. I put the box to one side (such patience) whilst I finished my lunch. Kirby was most intrigued with the box and said she wondered what was inside so I told her she could open it. She didn't need telling twice and when she opened it she found not only a package addressed to me but one for her too! Her face lit up and even more so when she saw that Yuko had sent to her a beautiful cami knitted by her dear sweet mum especially for Kirby. She put it on immediately - a perfect fit and said she can't wait to show it off to all her friends. It matches her knitted socks too! Thank you to Yuko and her much talented mum for such a thoughtful gift. Yuko obviously gets both her talent and her kind heart from her mum.



And now to my package! Yuko tells me she has been sorting out her stash and decided to share some with her friends and knowing that blue is my favourite colour she put together a 'blue' package for me. It certainly didn't make me feel blue; such pretty fabric and trims - thank you Yuko for your kindness.

I have put some time into finishing some exchange pieces and have one more to stitch and finish. These will be my last exchanges for a while as I am due to have surgery for mutiple trigger finger on my right hand sometime this year and I would not want to sign up for exchanges and be unable to fulfill my commitments. As I have already had the same surgery on my left hand in 2007, I know that I will be unable to stitch for at least 6-8 weeks so I will stock up with books and dvds to keep me amused. I hope it won't be too long before I can resume exchanging as I enjoy choosing something to stitch for my partner and putting together a goodie package too. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


16 Comments:


  • On 29 January 2009 at 13:42, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    You lucky little Carol you! Such a lovely package and I really love the tasslls. Heck I love all of it - who the h*ll do I think I'm kidding. Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 29 January 2009 at 14:13, Blogger aeljot

    You recived beautifful gift. It's nice to have friends :)

    I hope that it will be ewerything OK with your hand and you will back soon to show your great works on the blog :)

     
  • On 29 January 2009 at 14:20, Blogger Brigitte

    Oh, such wonderful gifts! Yuko is such a sweetie.

     
  • On 29 January 2009 at 15:06, Blogger Karan

    Beautiful gifts. :0)

     
  • On 29 January 2009 at 18:38, Blogger Dovilė

    wonderful gifts from Yuko:)

     
  • On 29 January 2009 at 23:37, Blogger Theresa

    What a wonderful package from Yuko!!!
    I hope everything will be smooth on your surgery and recovery, so we can see more of your wonderful stitches again soon!!!!

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 00:26, Blogger Daffycat

    What a wonderful package from Yuko! You've more self control than I...I rip/shred/tear into a package as fast as that!
    >^..^<

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 00:57, Blogger Yuko

    Kirby is such a lovely girl!
    The cami is perfect for her!
    I'm so happy that she like it, and also you liked your blue package, too!
    It was so fun to send surprise for friends! :)
    I hope your finger get well soon after surgery, and hope not pain...
    And we hope we can see your beautiful works soon again after you recovered!

    ((hugs))

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 04:30, Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy

    Oh, so many lovelies to mention on your blog, Carol... and Kirby is absolutely gorgeous and the cami Yuko sent her looks so pretty on her! Wonderful blue package as well! How sweet and thoughtful of Yuko! :-)

    Oh, I do hope your surgey will go well when it comes the time and you mend quickly and painlessly so you won't be away from your stitching for long... we will surely miss all your lovely handwork!

    Love your progress on BP... I have yet to put the first stitch in mine... and it's nearly the last day of the month! Oh, my!!! Who do I see to request more hours in the day? Faery stitching godmother mayhap? ;-)

    Tootles for now... {{{Hugs}}} and cosy stitching!

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 08:24, Blogger Ruth

    Congratulations on a fine surprise. What a wonderful way to end a nice luncheon. :) Here's hoping your surgery goes well and you heal quickly.... the exchange world needs you!

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 10:18, Blogger Akila

    The cami is beautiful and Kirby carries it off so well!! Nothing like surprises!!! So nice of Yuko to have remembered your favorite colors.

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 15:54, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    This is such a lovely package of goodies from Yuko. What a kind and thoughtful friend. The trims and fabric are gorgeous.
    Kirby looks gorgeous in that cami. it could not be a better fit. It's easyu to see where Yuko gets her creative talents from :>)
    Take care Warm hugs, Angela

     
  • On 30 January 2009 at 18:28, Blogger Andrea

    You've received some wonderful gifts from Yuko. Hope the hand won't be too much of an inconvenience when the time comes.

     
  • On 1 February 2009 at 08:54, Anonymous Anonymous

    Talk about a pleasant surprise and a lovely gift! Kudos, Yuko!

     
  • On 2 February 2009 at 13:48, Blogger Hazel

    Wow what great gifts from Yuko. I love Kirby cami too. x

     
  • On 5 February 2009 at 23:18, Blogger Donna

    Very nice. Love it all!