< iStitch
Tuesday 20 January 2009
An award and some braid



Today I received a nice surprise from Patti as she has given me my first award of 2009. Thank you Patti. I know I should pass this award on but I feel too sick at the moment so please forgive me if I just say that everyone in our SB world deserves an award; so to those that blog; to those that read and comment and to those that do both please accept the above award. 


I have not picked up a needle and thread since last Friday although I have to tried to keep up with reading and commenting on blogs. I just wish I could get a good nights sleep; I am a real grumpy bear when I don't get my sleep! But I did get out my Kumihimo Disc which was given to me by a friend ages ago and which, I am ashamed to admit, I put away and forgot - sorry Caroline! There was a link on someone's blog to a You Tube video (here) showing how to use the disc so I thought I would have a go. OK I won't be able to use the braid for anything but it's my first attempt and I enjoyed having a go. So much so I now want a Marudai and have found a UK supplier so watch this space. The braid in the picture should be down through the hole in the disc but I pulled it through to the front so you can see the braid more clearly (click on picture for a closeup view). 

I have two exchanges to do for the end of the month. One is stitched so just needs to be finished; the other needs both stitching and finishing although I have chosen fabric and floss. I hope I can get these exchanges out on time. 

Back to my sick bed!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 20 January 2009 at 10:48, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Feel better soon :o)

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 12:11, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. I know what it's like so have every sympathy. Just rest as much as you can.

    I've been fascinated by watching that video clip about the Kumi Loom. I look forward to seeing what you will create with it.
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 14:44, Blogger staci

    Congrats on your well-deserved award Carol.

    Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather...take care and hope you're feeling better soon! {{hugs}}

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 15:11, Blogger Yuko

    Oh Carol,
    Are you too feeling not well?
    Did I sent you "depressing virus"??
    I do really hope that you will feel better soon!
    Kumihimo is Japanese code for Kimono etc... but I didn't know that there is Kumihimo maker like this!

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 16:30, Blogger valerie

    Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope that you get better really soon. Be sure to drink lots of liquids and get lots of rest.

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 16:57, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Oh Carol - now I want one of those Kumihimo KumiLoom Braiding things! I do hope you feel better soon because you don't deserve no to stitch and feel like cr*p. Lots of Hugs Patti xxx

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 18:50, Blogger Andrea

    Not too bad for a first attempt.

    I hope you feel better soon. It's the best thing to stay in bed where it's warm.

     
  • On 20 January 2009 at 20:58, Blogger doris

    Sorry you're feeling poorly. Resting is the hardest part.

     
  • On 21 January 2009 at 04:16, Blogger Von

    Hi Carol! I recently posted about learning kumihimo, so perhaps that's where you saw the link. :) Glad you've found your disc and are putting it to good use. It's a good thing to do when you're not feeling up to par. Hope you're better soon!

     
  • On 21 January 2009 at 20:06, Blogger Michele

    hope you feel better soon! these winter colds are no fun!

     
  • On 21 January 2009 at 22:08, Blogger Stitcher

    Hope you feel better soon. - {{}}
    I have a Kumihimo disk, and find the braiding so relaxing, I can't wait to see if you buy the Marudai.

    Please visit my blog- you have another award.

     
  • On 22 January 2009 at 12:04, Blogger Naomi

    I say thank you for the good wishes very much! I am glad that you play with me! :o)

     
  • On 22 January 2009 at 14:09, Blogger WendyJo

    A well deserved award Carol.

    I hope you feel better soon my dear.

    {{Hugs}}
    Wendy Jo

     
  • On 23 January 2009 at 01:32, Blogger Cindy F.

    Congrats on your well-deserved award!
    So sorry to hear you're not sleeping...hope you get some sleep soon!