< iStitch
Thursday 15 January 2009
A blogaversary gift from NZ!


Today the postman delivered a rather large box; inside this box was a 'special' box - all white with snowflakes and tied with a pretty red ribbon; inside this box were a profusion of little packages all wrapped in tissue paper! I felt as though it was Christmas again. I unwrapped all these little packages to find some wonderful gifts: a pretty rose mug and some hot chocolate mix to fill it, a box of truffle assortments, a stitcher's diary, a tiny 'frog' button, a cut of fabric with co-ordinating threads, a tube of hand and nail treatment, a beautiful quilted bag and a perfectly stitched and finished 'door sign'. "Oh my", you might say, "who sent such a great package?" Well let me tell you it was Margaret from New Zealand who put together this box of goodies as her 1st blogaversary draw, which draw I was lucky enough to have won. Thank you Margaret for your kindness and generosity. I hope that Su will be as happy with my blogaversary gift as I am with this one.

Also in this morning's mail delivery I received the white Dupion silk fabric that I need to finish an exchange that I am working on and also the vintage French monogrammed linen marker ribbon which I had ordered from France. I had ordered this ribbon with my initials on it but unfortunately they have sent me CB instead of CR so I have contacted the seller and I am awaiting to see what happens now. 

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pantomine in Canterbury last night was excellent but then these pantomimes usually are. We all had a great time hissing and booing and general audience participation - will we ever grow up? I hope not! 

I am undecided whether to start another exchange piece today or finish off those I have already stitched or ... maybe the first few stitches in Beatrix Potter? I am itching to start this and surely a few stitches won't hurt my schedule?

I am still in desperate need for the Charland mistletoe charm (see previous post). Please, please can anyone help?

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


13 Comments:


  • On 15 January 2009 at 12:25, Blogger Yuko

    What a great package you received, Carol!!!
    The door sign is perfect for stitcher!!!
    You often won drawing, so please keep buy lottery to visit Japan to see your SDIL! :D

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 12:37, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    WOW...now that's a great bloggerversary present! Lucky You!
    My brother went to college for a semester in England and he went to Canterbury for a weekend and always talks about the fun he had there watching something like what you describe. I was going to go over when he was there...but lo and behold, I got pregnant with twins, so the doctor forbade me to go....thus is why I have a son named "Ian" :)

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 16:01, Blogger Kajsa

    What a package, you are so lucky!

    Sorry, can't help you with the charm. I don't think I have any charland ones at home.

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 16:31, Blogger Diana

    Carol,
    What fun all of you have! Lucky, lucky you. Please, yes do buy lottery tickets as there is this place in Sarasota, Fl ....... Well you know the rest. We got nine inches of snow yesterday and today it is cold. Will have to get some stitching in. Also, I will look here for that charm and let you know.

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 17:05, Blogger valerie

    What a wonderful prize! I love the "do not disturb" sign! I wish I could find the charm for you but I had no luck! Your Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs sounds like so much fun!

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 17:17, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    WOW and who is a lucky little Carol? You so deserve these thing and I LOVE the Do Not Disturb sign. Lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 17:38, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, what a wonderful bundle of goodies. Margaret has obviously put a lot of thought into this gift. well done for winning.
    Hugs Angela

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 18:19, Blogger Brigitte

    Such a wonderful gift! You are certainly still fondling all the goodies you received in this package.

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 18:41, Blogger staci

    Looks like a fabulous box of goodies...enjoy :)

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 19:04, Blogger Carla

    WOW! What a great package!!!!Lots of nice stuff there :)
    Hope ypu can get the charm soon ... sorry I can help

     
  • On 15 January 2009 at 23:50, Blogger DaisyGirl

    What a great present! Sorry I can't help you with the charm. Justin looks super sweet! I'm trying hard to finish up his RR. I've got a three day weekend ahead! So wish me sucess!
    Donna

     
  • On 16 January 2009 at 16:19, Blogger Cindy F.

    Really an awesome blogaversary gift! She really put time and attention in it:)

     
  • On 19 January 2009 at 13:57, Blogger WendyJo

    What a wonderful package Carol..Margaret does beautiful stitching!

    Enjoy!!