< iStitch
Monday 22 December 2008
From Valerie



This is the wonderful Quaker pinkeep I received from Valerie this morning for my birthday. Isn't it just gorgeous? It is stitched on 32ct Lakeside Linens Navy Bean with Belle Soie Blue Lagoon. So beautiful and ...


these are the other goodies that were also in the box! Milady's Needle Quakers Rule (complete with the acrylic ruler) from my Wish List, a cut of 40ct antique white Newcastle linen, 2 skeins of AVAS in 2 shade of blue (my favourite colour), a pack of book rings (I see some floss tags in the future), some notelets and some dark chocolate. Yummy! 


A closeup view of the pinkeep ... the backing fabric and the braiding are just perfect and Valerie also stitched my initials too! I know Valerie is stretched for stitching time at the moment but she has taken the time to stitch and prepare such a wonderful gift for my birthday. I also know that she always thinks that her work is not 'good enough' but believe me the stitching and finishing on this pinkeep are perfect and I am pleased to show it off in my home! Thank you Valerie for such a thoughtful and wonderful gift.

Over the weekend Hannah Beeby made an appearance and I have stitched a further three motifs. I will post an updated picture tomorrow. I also started on a personal exchange piece but no photos of this until the new year!

Oh nearly forgot - I got some cosy black Ugg boots at Bluewater and a black top but I couldn't find a leather jacket that I liked so Ken gave me the money to either buy a jacket when I find one or to spend on stash! We had a great meal out too. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: ,

 
|


13 Comments: