< iStitch
Thursday 18 December 2008
An early birthday


Last night should have been our Stitch-n-Bitch usual meeting but instead we went out for dinner to celebrate, not only the upcoming holiday, but also my pending birthday! I am ashamed to say that although I took my camera with me, it stayed in the depths of my bag and never saw the light of day (or should I say 'night'?). We went to a Thai restaurant in Sandwich and after a delicious meal - I had chicken and cashew nuts with noodles followed by coconut ice-cream served in a real coconut shell - we went back to Caroline's house for coffee and gifts. There I was met with a large box and some smaller packages and a helium 'Happy Birthday' balloon. The box, which was from all of my fellow Stitch-n-Bitchers, contained Abigail Colby's Workbasket by Primitive Traditions which, as those of you have read my Wish List will already know, has been on the said List for ages! I received not only the chart but the basket too so I am in dilemma as I want to start it - Now! But ... I need to finish Hannah Beeby and I also have some upcoming exchanges that I need to work on first. The smaller packages contained a beautiful glass drop with a tiny fairy on a dragonfly from Sue, a lovely quilted bag from June, a Moulton Brown candle (which smells heavenly) from Sylvie, lots of skeins of Vicky Clayton silk threads from Caroline and lastly, a teeny (it's only about 1" long) beaded pea-pod scissor fob from Lynn, who unfortunately could not make the dinner as the date coincided with her work Christmas do. Thank you all for these gorgeous gifts, I am blessed to have such wonderful friends.   

We also exchanged Christmas gifts but we always save these to open on Christmas Day so more about these at a later date but, suffice it to say, that stitchy friends buy stitchy gifts and we all like stitchy gifts don't we?

Tomorrow (my actual birthday) Ken has the day off so he is taking me to Bluewater (which probably means I get to choose my own present - yippee!) I have seen some beautiful black Ugg boots and a leather jacket and ... shall I go on?

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels: , , ,

 
|


18 Comments:


  • On 18 December 2008 at 13:23, Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer

    Happy Birthday! I wish you nothing but sunshine and rainbows all the year long :o)

    Looks like and sounds like you are well and truly loved by your fellow Stitch Bitchers :o) You are much deserving because of your giving and caring ways!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 13:28, Blogger Suburban Stitcher

    What a wonderful birthday! I look forward to seeing the progress on Abigail!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 13:32, Blogger staci

    Happy, Happy Birthday Carol!!! I hope your day is absolutely wonderful!!!

    Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your stitchy friends...and what wonderful gifts!!! You should definately start that basket now (since it's your birthday and you deserve to be naughty, lol!!!)

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 14:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday, Carol! Wonderful gifts :) Have a good and sunny next year! :)

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 14:56, Blogger Zhenya and Nika Aksutin

    Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English.
    Can I ask if you can halp to our ministry, here in Russia? Nika
    --
    You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
    and our family ministry blog
    http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 15:20, Blogger angelasweby

    Wow Carol,
    What a fantastic meal and birthday celebration. I can't believe you had my favourite Chinese meal AND pudding too :>)
    Your presents are amazing. What a lovely bunch of girls they are, so thoughtful and very good company, too, by the sound of things. Enjoy your birthday celebrations especially fondling your stash :>)
    Warm hugs, Angela

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 16:16, Blogger Katrina

    Happy birthday, sounds like a fun, fun evening :-). Love your new stash too.

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 16:53, Blogger Melissa

    How lovely to have a wonderful group of stitching friends. Looking forward to seeing your new starts.

    Happy Birthday Carol!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 17:09, Blogger siesta

    Heppy Birthday Carol!!!!!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 17:26, Blogger Cindy F.

    What wonderful friends and great memories:) You really have received awesome gifts!! Can't wait to see your basket finished:)
    Happy Birthday!!! Hope it's wonderful!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 17:28, Blogger valerie

    Awwww, what lovely gifts from your stitching circle! It sounds like you had a very nice time. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. Hoping all your bday wishes come true. Lots of Hugs to you!

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 19:22, Blogger Solstitches

    That dinner sounds divine and ooh what a fabulous birthday gift you received.
    I think you should start stitching it right now - I can't wait to see.

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 20:01, Blogger Margaret

    Happy Brithday Carol. Blessings on a happy year ahead

     
  • On 18 December 2008 at 21:27, Blogger Daffycat

    Have the happiest of birthdays, Carol. Many happy returns. CAKE!!!

     
  • On 19 December 2008 at 00:10, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Have a Happy Birthday! You have a great bunch of friends!

     
  • On 19 December 2008 at 05:14, Blogger Yuko

    Happy Birthday Carol,
    Sounds you had a wonderful day with ladies, and what a beautiful present you received from them!!
    I'm looking forward to know what you will receive from Ken for your Birthday!!
    ((hugs)) from Y and T

     
  • On 19 December 2008 at 06:19, Blogger Rowyn

    Happy birthday Carol. I look forward to seeing your basket stitched up - it's lovely. Hope you had a lovely day out shopping with Ken.

     
  • On 19 December 2008 at 18:34, Blogger Andrea

    Gorgeous presents carol. Looking forward to seeing you complete the basket.