< iStitch
Monday 8 December 2008
Christmas Crackers


At last I can reveal the projects I have been showing you sneak previews of! Five Christmas needlerolls - they look like tiny Christmas crackers don't they? After stitching one for Kirby (here) I wanted to make another one but I think that I got carried away. I actually only meant to make four more but the top one was a mistake as I forgot to stitch on the name of the recipient but I finished it anyway and now have to decide whether to keep it myself or give it away to someone! They each have a twisted cord attached through the top so they can be hung on a tree. I am pleased with how they turned out and I now have to package these up to send to their new owners. I laid the 'extra' one across the names of those people who will receive these shortly! I am sorry about the poor picture but the light is just awful again today although if you click on the photo you will get a close-up view. They are all stitched on 35ct white linen with Au Ver a Soie silks (1845, 1835 and 2925) and either Japan gold or silver; the bows are made from 4mm silk ribbon. The design is part of The Workbasket's Christmas Sampler from the 2001 Just Cross Stitch Ornament magazine.

I am now stitching more gifts and I may just show a peek tomorrow. One is stitched and one part-stitched with more to go. I am not sure if I will get them done in time - where are the days going to?

For those who emailed me about Kirby's outfit in my last post - this was made by Kirby and her fellow design students on her Fashion and Design course and she was asked to model it for their show. Is she the next Kate Moss or the next Vivienne Westwood?

There are still a few places left on the 2009 Christmas Challenge but this is filling up fast so if you want to join in now is the time to do it. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


19 Comments: