< iStitch
Friday 10 October 2008
76 days to Christmas!



On Wednesday I had a finishing session and completed Kirby's ornament. I stitched part of The Workbasket's Christmas Sampler from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue 2001  and finished it as a tiny needleroll. It measures just over 4" in length and is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen with Au Ver a Soie threads and has a tiny heart button embellishment. I wanted to add a hanger so I hand twisted some white perle cotton and attached this to a button which I then placed inside the needleroll before tying the top ribbon so the hanger is firmly attached. As this needleroll is so small I had to completely hand-stitch the back seam as it would not have been possible to turn it inside out to do the French seam. 




Next is Jack's 'Home for the Holidays". I gave sneak previews of this in earlier posts (here). I finished this as a pillow edged with white Delica beads and on the back I stitched on beads randomly to look as though it is snowing. If you check out Jack's name closely you can see snow along the top of his name! It is stitched on 36ct lambswool linen with my choice of DMC threads and beads.

Yesterday I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in London. It was a long and tiring day - it took us 2 hours to get there and 3 1/2 hours to get home - but we had a great time and, of course, I picked up some stash. Not too much as there were more wools, beads and crafting stalls but enough to keep me happy. I did take my camera with me so my next post will be picture heavy.

Thanks for visiting - I do appreciate your visits and comments.
Take care 

Labels: , ,

 
|


18 Comments: