< iStitch
Monday 15 September 2008
Stash and a stitch



A little stash arrived this morning, firstly an Ebay purchase, The Goode Huswife's 'A Quaker Four Corners Sampler' which I am going to alter slightly and make into a biscornu. I will stitch this on 40ct linen with the Waterlillies Cherry silk floss which also arrived in the mail today. The scissor fob which I purchased from Yuko's Etsy shop also arrived. This was beautifully packaged and is made from some really pretty flower beads with a gorgeous mother-of-pearl butterfly at the bottom. Unfortunately the butterfly doesn't show up in the picture so have a look at the one on Yuko's blog - isn't it just gorgeous? 

I have a lot of projects ready for finishing so I need another marathon finishing day but yesterday I wanted something small to stitch out in the garden so the tiny house is the beginning of a Christmas ornament. *I have no idea who the designer is - maybe someone knows? I am stitching from a picture that I found on the internet. It looks as though it was originally stitched in variagated threads but I am using DMC on 36ct lambswool linen. 

Tomorrow I am back at work for the rest of this week, 4 days next week and 2 the week after that so I don't suppose I will get much stitching or blogging done so I am off to finish my chores and maybe make a start on some finishing.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

* Edited - Jennifer tells me this is Drawn Thread's Home for the Holidays (here) - thank's Jennifer!

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


13 Comments: