< iStitch
Friday 5 September 2008
Working, stitching and Kirby



At last, my stint of working is over for a short while! It's strange how you get out of the habit of working. I have today, all next week and the following Monday off and then it's back to the grindstone for 10 days. I think this will probably be the last time this year as everyone seems to have taken their annual leave so for me it will be back to being a 'home bird'. Now what shall I buy with my earnings? I am sure I will think of something - any suggestions?

Although I have been stitching a little I cannot show any pictures because it's either exchanges or gifts. I have also been making some more thread drops to go with the exchanges/gifts so I cannot show you them either. Hannah has taken a backseat so I cannot show an update of her but I can show you Kirby. She is enjoying the start of her Fashion and Design course and has made a few new friends too. Today they have gone on a trip to a London Museum armed with sketch pads and pencils. I hope she gets to go to the Victoria and Albert Museum as their Textiles Department is wonderful. 

The above photos were taken in London a couple of weeks ago - the second one is at the London Transport Museum where, of course, she got to drive a London bus! Well, not really but she did get to sit in the driver's seat and get her picture taken!

I have signed up for HOE Christmas ornament exchange so as soon as I know who my partner is I will look for a pattern to stitch. This afternoon I am going to finish off stitching a birthday gift as I really need to get this stitched, finished and into the mail so that it arrives in time for her birthday. Why do these birthdays creep up so quickly? I also want to watch a dvd called Mr Brooks with Kevin Costner. Well not actually 'with' Kevin Costner I meant it stars Kevin Costner but I wouldn't mind watching it with him so if you care to call round later Kevin ... feel free!

Have a great weekend 
Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 5 September 2008 at 17:01, Blogger valerie

    Kirby is so pretty. Good luck to her in her university classes!

    Oh my, your last paragraph had me laughing! I didn't know you were such a Kevin Costner fan! I wonder if that would work with me and CSI. How terrific it would be to find George Eads sitting next to me! haha

    Happy weekend!

     
  • On 5 September 2008 at 21:45, Blogger Edgar

    You are so busy - as are we all! - I just love the V&A and the Transport Museum!! I so need another trip to the UK!!!!! Have great weekend Carol!

     
  • On 6 September 2008 at 14:10, Blogger Miokka

    Kirby is beautiful!
    Hmmm...suggestions on what to spend your earnings on?
    A trip to Florida!!!
    Happy stitching! Enjoy your time at home!
    Happy stitching!
    ~~Martha~~

     
  • On 6 September 2008 at 22:18, Blogger DaisyGirl

    Kirby is beautiful! You must be proud! What do you cut your drops out off? Card stock?
    Donna

     
  • On 7 September 2008 at 16:00, Blogger "Magnolia"

    What a beautiful girl you have. I know you're so proud of her. Aren't girls the best?

    I hope Kevin called and you had a nice time "watching" the movie! Heehee

     
  • On 8 September 2008 at 13:41, Blogger Wendy

    Kirby is a beauty! I have only one suggestion for extra $$ to spend - stash!

    I loved Mr. Brooks, such an unusual type of movie which is just what I love, with lots of twists and turns.