< iStitch
Tuesday 19 August 2008
Hannah Beeby 1816


Just a quick update on Hannah Beeby. I decided to work down the left hand side and then across the page. I am so enjoying stitching on Hannah even though it's on 40ct linen. I wish I had used my Millenium frame and floor stand though as using Q-Snaps, which I remove when I am not stitching, it does have a 'pulled through a hedge backwards' look to it. I hope I will be able to remove all the creases once it's finished as I will be loathe to press with a damp cloth after the fiasco with the freebie chart piece where the colours ran. I must check out to see if Needlepoint Inc silk is colourfast. 

I have also nearly finished my re-start on the QFRR. I only have the rabbit to stitch and I have to decide whether to stitch him in a different colour and, if so, what colour to use. I am mindful to stitch him in grey and then frog the initials and date and use the same grey there but I need to search my stash for the right grey. I really should have thought about this before I started! The green/black silk I'm using is a Vicki Clayton premium silk - Imperialosity. 

Now it's time for those household chores - do they never end? Perhaps I should have done them before I sat down at the computer!

Thanks for visiting
Take care 

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 19 August 2008 at 10:45, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hannah's looking lovely :)

    IIRC, NPIs should be OK for colourfastness - I don't remember ever having any problems with them.

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 12:00, Blogger Yuko

    Your Hannah Beeby is looking great!

    I think the same... household is never ending???
    That's what my husband always say to me "please do household before you sit down in front of your PC!" LOL

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 15:13, Blogger Jo Simmonds

    Hi Carol

    Your blog is rilly super! :@D

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 15:42, Blogger Meari

    No, it never ends unfortunately! HB looks great.

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 18:02, Blogger valerie

    Chores...aren't they awful?! Seems like the past few days have been full of many for me. I'm realy for a lie-down!

    Hannah Beeby is coming along beautifully!

    Your HB doesn't look wrinkled compared to my Snappers. Oh my, they are looking a sight!

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 18:22, Blogger mainely stitching

    NPI is colorfast - even safe to wash it, if you so desire. One of the many reasons the silks are worth their price. ;)

    This looks FABULOUS.

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 18:45, Blogger Loreta

    Carol, it's beautiful!

     
  • On 19 August 2008 at 20:06, Blogger Annemarie

    Chores? What chores? I decided my house is a self-cleaning house when I moved in four months ago ;o)

    I love the look of Hannah Beeby. Could you please, please tell me what you think of working with a floor stand? I've been contemplating buying one, because I *think* I would love to work with it, but I would really love to hear what other users think of theirs before I make a decision. Could you e-mail me at amcdevries at gmail dot com? Thanks!

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 02:34, Blogger stitcherw

    Your Hannah Beeby piece is looking so pretty. I love Q snaps, as they are lighter to use than scrolls, and I think they hold things tighter. However, you're right if the piece is bigger than the Q's moving them around does tend to wrinkle things up. Hopefully you can press everthing out without to much trouble.

    Looks like you had a lovely time stitching with your friends in your earlier post. I love stitch get togethers, it is such fun to see what everyone is working on and to stitch and chat.
    Sue

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 06:23, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hannah is looking very pretty. I like it!

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 07:16, Blogger Rowyn

    Hannah Beeby is so impressive. Well done on finishing your QFRR restitch already!

    Oh housework, it's great... when it's done!

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 08:12, Blogger Heidi

    Hi Carol! You are making such wonderful progress on Hannah! I just bought linen and thread so I can be ready to go to work on her. ONly I"m still hesitant about the DMC green - not "black" enough..
    As for the chores - oy! There has been so much of that lately, it really is time to take a break. A stitching moment is needed to regain the wits, don't you think?

    hugs,
    heidi

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 15:24, Blogger Carolyn McNeil

    Hannah looks great! Keep on stitchin...
    Carolyn
    http://www.stitchopedia.com
    An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

     
  • On 20 August 2008 at 18:05, Anonymous Anonymous

    This is a gorgeous piece!

     
  • On 21 August 2008 at 08:05, Blogger Creative Chaos

    I just adore that sampler !!
    Patti xx