< iStitch
Friday 15 August 2008
Some stash and a harvest!


The silk thread I had ordered from Vicki Clayton arrived this morning. I had planned on using this for the Beatrix Potter sampler, which sampler I have been wanting to stitch for ages but couldn't decide on fabric and floss. When I stitched on Mindi's QFRR using Vicky's Raisin Wine, I just knew this was the colour I wanted for BP but as my QFRR piece (along with Edgar's and Rowyn's) has gone missing and we are thinking that a re-stitch is the way to go, I am wondering whether to use this gorgeous colour for my re-stitch. Decisions, decisions!  Also in my package was some 1/2 yard 'tags' and some cloisonne frogs (which I couldn't resist). 

Hannah Beeby is stitching up quickly now I have forgone the SAL. I seem to be the only one stitching and posting progress and as I was getting rather lonely I have decided to just get on with it now. I will post a picture in the next few days. 

I am really looking forward to Sunday as my Stitch-n-Bitch group have an all-day stitch-in with a 'bring a dish' lunch. Maybe there will be more stitching than bitching but who knows :o). I'll take my camera along so expect some 'action' shots next week!   
  


This week I harvested one of the patio bags in which I have been growing potatoes. Not the biggest of crops but they did have a lovely flavour! My tomatoes were doing well but we have had awful weather this past week with really high winds and rain which has certainly played havoc with my garden. I am beginning to think that my first effort of gardening may be the last. 

Have a good weekend
Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 15 August 2008 at 14:46, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great minds think alike ;) I'm going to be stitching BP with Ex. Raisin Wine, it's such a gorgeous colour.

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 14:53, Blogger Sally

    That is lovely thread Carol.

    Hope your RR turns up.

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 15:43, Blogger Edgar

    I have also ordered Raisin Wine and OMotS for my restitch... (I already have a piece of Silkwever - Days Gone By to use) we all like these scrumptious colours!!! What a super potato drop!!

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 16:01, Blogger Yuko

    Oh Carol, your potatos are so lovely! How will you cook with these potatos?

    Raisin Wine is very rich and beautiful colour, I'm sure it will be so wonderful to stitch BP in this colour!
    (I also have BP chart!)

    I'm looking forward to seeing you BP!

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 17:24, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    I'm sorry to hear your RR's went missing! I'm assuming that someone must not be mailing on? Its so frustrating when things like this happen! I know life happens and for some reacon you're not able to continue with the commitment you've made, but it takes nothing to send them on. This just seems to happen so frequently! We had this happen in the Neighbourhood RR I'm in, luckily one of the members lived within 30 minutes of the person who was holding onto RR's and with a surprise in person visit we were able to get them back and the RR is back under way.

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 22:38, Blogger Daffycat

    Those little taters look dee-lish! Nice harvest!

    I'm so sorry about your RR...I hope it will turn up.

     
  • On 15 August 2008 at 22:51, Blogger Mylene

    Lovely colours, Carol.

     
  • On 16 August 2008 at 07:06, Blogger Creative Chaos

    I am so sorry to hear about your missing RR .. it happened to me a very long time ago , so I know how you feel !!
    That VC thread looks georgeous !!!
    Patti xx

     
  • On 16 August 2008 at 11:39, Blogger Heidi

    What a beautiful color! Perfect for the BP sampler. I hope that you will find your RR soon. Those potatoes look yummy - I'm sure you'll make something delicious with them. enjoy!

     
  • On 16 August 2008 at 22:16, Blogger Meari

    You've got me curious.... What's a patio bag? And how do you grow potatoes in them?

     
  • On 17 August 2008 at 10:32, Blogger Megz

    Wow Nan Your Potatos Are Doing Wonderfully Well!!

     
  • On 17 August 2008 at 15:30, Blogger Olga

    I LOve the colors of your new floss. Potatoes look delicious!

     
  • On 17 August 2008 at 18:55, Blogger Nancy

    What a gorgeous blog you have! Don't you just love Vikki Clayton's silks? I have never stitched with Raisin Wine, but I think I might have to. Such a lovely color.

     
  • On 18 August 2008 at 11:12, Anonymous Anonymous

    lovley crop of pots and i love your threads i havent even looked at viki claytons website yet so got to give it a go sounds brill your threads look gorgeous and thanks for the brll comments.

     
  • On 18 August 2008 at 13:41, Blogger Nicola

    That's a really gorgeous colour of silk.

    Great crop of potatoes Carol. Hope we do as well with our tomatoes.