I didn't think I was going to make the Challenge
this month what with working at the beginning of the month and then stitching on Hannah Beeby
for a while but I rose to the challenge and ........... drumroll .......... here is my finished scissor pocket. It is stitched on raw linen, which I believe is 32ct, with DMC 815 (one over one). The hand-twisted cord is DMC no 12 perle in 644. I have also stitched a co-ordinating fob which I shall now probably make up for August's Challenge! This With My Needle pattern is from JCS 2006 Christmas Ornament magazine. The inside of the pocket and the back is in the same striped fabric as the front which my friend kindly donated - thank you Lynn!
My new start is to be a piece for Jayne's Attic
Redwork Exchange. I had decided on a pattern but something has happened (which I can tell yet) so I have to find something else to stitch.
There is a problem with the Quaker Friendship RR
as someone has gone missing with at least two pieces of work! We are hoping that she will either re-surface or at least mail on those she has. We know she is ok as she has posted on another board as recently as last Monday.
Now the garden is calling and I need some sunshine so ...
Thanks for visiting
Labels: Monthly Finishing Challenge, Red, Redwork Exchange