< iStitch
Monday 21 July 2008
A waste of stitching time?


After three starts on a scissor pocket for the Monthly Finishing Challenge, I completely changed my mind and stitched the above! The chart is the Quaker Alphabet from the JCS 2006 Ornament magazine. I now need to find some finishing fabric to co-ordinate with the fabric and floss. The linen is, I think, 32ct raw linen but I am not sure as it came with an exchange gift. The floss is DMC 815. I enjoy stitching one over one as it produces such a delicate look to a piece. There is also a scissor fob pattern to match so I am going to stitch this too.

After posting that I had been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by Yuko and Deb, I have since been awarded it again - twice; firstly by Margaret S and secondly by Tammie - thank you so much. I am so pleased that anyone bothers to read my blog and they enjoy it so much that they leave me an award! Tammie has also chosen me to be a recipient of a RAK and is stitching me a gift. How sweet of her - thank you Tammie.   

By the way, have you seen the lovely floss tags that Deb has for sale on her stash sale (here)?They are absolutely gorgeous especially the French Script ones. 

Tonight Hannah Beeby might make an appearance. I have missed her and she does deserve at least a few stitches.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


6 Comments:


  • On 21 July 2008 at 19:45, Blogger Sally

    Your Quaker Alphabet looks lovely Carol. I can't wait to see the finished item:)

    Congratulations on your awards:)

     
  • On 22 July 2008 at 16:26, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    The alpahbet turned out lovley. Look forward to seeing your finishing skills at work!

     
  • On 22 July 2008 at 16:53, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter

    That alphabet is very lovely! The color is wonderful! Can not wait to see more!

     
  • On 22 July 2008 at 21:41, Blogger Meari

    The alphabet looks nice.

    Since you've been nominated a zillion ;-) times for the Kreativ Blogger Award, I won't nominate you.

    I have nominated you instead because I think you're "brilliante" and have given you a different award. Look on my blog. :)

     
  • On 24 July 2008 at 00:00, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    I think you chose a brilliant design. I love the simplicity of this alphabet and the colour is perfect. 815 is one of my all time favourites.
    Am really looking forward to seeing the finished piece :>)
    Hugs, Angela

     
  • On 30 July 2008 at 15:38, Blogger Kim B

    I love this design!