< iStitch
Monday 7 July 2008
And the winner is ...


Forty five names go into the basket (I wanted to use my Cup of Destiny but it was too small to enable a good stirring of the names). Who will be the winner of the Quaker Biscornu?


The "Furry Fingers of Fate" go into the basket.  Drum roll .... and the winner is ...


... Mama Joan.  Congratulations Joan! Now I know I should have your address, as you were my partner for the HOE LHN exchange, but for some reason I am unable to find it so could you send it to me please?   I will get your prize out to you shortly.

I went into work today - it seemed strange to be back in my old office. Last time I went in it was to cover Reception. My room is changed round and pretty messy. One colleague commented that it was nothing like my 'minimalistic' look when it was my office! It was so odd to use a pc again and I really had to think about what I was doing for a bit. It soon came back to me but I definitely prefer my Mac. The weather was on my side too as I don't mind working when it's raining and I even worked over the lunch hour too. What shall I spend the extra cash on? Those Sajou scissors are pretty high on the list but they might be beaten by the new G3 iPhone!  I don't suppose I will get much stitching or finishing done in the next few weeks.

Dexter - my favourite serial killer - is back! It's the start of Series 2 here in the UK - does anyone else like this programme? I love it! 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


7 Comments:


  • On 7 July 2008 at 19:10, Anonymous Anonymous

    liked the look of the draw congrats to the lucky winner.. and enjoy treating yourself not sure who dexter is...

     
  • On 7 July 2008 at 22:46, Blogger mainely stitching

    Congratulations to Mama Joan!!

     
  • On 7 July 2008 at 23:15, Blogger Mama Joan

    I am soooo excited to be the winner.

    Thanks so much.

    And let me tell you, I have seen the first season of Dexter and just loved it. I am waiting for the second season to come out on DVD.

    Enjoy Dexter.

     
  • On 7 July 2008 at 23:56, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations Joan!

    Oh, Dexter is so hot! LOL! I love that character. I also loved the actor when he played in Six Feet Under.

     
  • On 8 July 2008 at 08:20, Blogger Ruth

    I think I'm frightened by what Dexter does to me -- I mean I him.... up until the end. I suppose that's the point. :)

    Now about those scissors-- lovely. But I gotta say when I see them I don't want the, -- only becuase I'm sure they are the first ones I'd drop (and shatter) on a nice, hard, unforgiving surface. Then again, I'd probably drop the phone in a puddle. Hmm, apparently I'm having a glass-half-empty sort of day. lol

     
  • On 8 July 2008 at 10:32, Blogger Karen

    Are you enjoying your time back at work? what a choice a phone or the scissors wonder which one will win.
    Enjoy Dexter

     
  • On 16 July 2008 at 22:45, Blogger lena-lou

    Hi Carol :-)) Congrats to your winner. I love your little hanging tag from your basket, is it a CA design or an adaption done yourself ?

    I might be getting an iphone my FIL is upgrading to the new 3G and his 'old' (2months old) one will be going spare so I hope it works out my way LOL !!

    I think the gift you did for Deb is beautiful and I guessed from her blog it was you, the stitcher, before I saw it here !! You have a unique style which is pretty special :-))

    Hope work is not curtailing your stitching time too much ;-))
    Have a nice day