< iStitch
Wednesday 25 June 2008
Quaker tin topper




This is my tin topper for June's Monthly Finishing Challenge. As you can see I used my favourite black and white finishing. It's actually not completely finished as I want to put a tiny black bow where the pin is on the inside of the lid but I didn't have any narrow black ribbon so I will change this once I have the ribbon. On the sides I put the pins to hold the braiding while the glue set and decided I quite liked the effect so I decided to leave them there. The pattern comes from The Ackworth School Pattern book and is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen with black Au Ver a Soie silk thread. 

I made a start on a Christmas ornament yesterday afternoon. I am using the scissor fob pattern from the Sampler Cove's Rhapsody in Red III but I will make slight amendments to it.  

I am reading Dead Sky by Tami Hoag - the synopsis reads "It was a crime so brutal it changed the lives of even the most hardened homicide cops...". So back to the garden I go to read a few more chapters!

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


25 Comments: