< iStitch
Sunday 22 June 2008
The eggling has flowered!


The eggling flower has landed! Yesterday morning it was a tight red bud and later, in the afternoon, this beautiful flower emerged. There are other buds around the flower and on other parts of the plant. I am sorry about the poor picture but it's dull here today and really hard to get a good photo so I will try and remedy this when, or if, the sun comes out. I think it now needs re-potting into a much larger pot so I will do that in the next couple of days. I couldn't find a stick so I used a chop-stick instead! 

On the stitching front, I have been really busy finishing. HOE LHN exchange has been mailed off to it's new owner so I really hope that she likes it. I also finished my Christmas in July ornament and Quaker Animal exchanges and will get them mailed off sometime this week. I even finished the HOE Summer Quaker which is not due for mailing until August - how early am I with this one? I have also stitched and finished two birthday gifts for friends. All of this I cannot show yet, not even the birthday gifts as I know that both recipients read my blog but suffice it to say I am pleased with how all these projects have turned out. I have also stitched a tin topper for the Monthly Finishing Challenge and only need to put on my initials and the year before I finish this off. It's another black and white theme which, as you all know, I love but I will say nothing more until it's completed and ready to show. 

And, hopefully, I will also have something new to show in the next couple of days. I stitched this project in a SAL with a friend at the end of last year and we were going to get together for the finishing but, six months on, and it's still prepared and ready to finish so I have to decided to go ahead and finish mine now.

No more progress on Hannah Beeby as yet.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


15 Comments: