< iStitch
Thursday 29 May 2008
An antique tea caddy and an RR




I thought you might like to see my antique tea caddy. It measures roughly 9" x 5" x 5" but I have no idea of what type of wood it is. Inside it is lead-lined with two separate compartments with their own lids which lift off completely. Originally it had a brass cover on the keyhole on the front, but this came off and was lost when when we moved house. There is some slight damage to the corner of the lid and unfortunately I have never had the key. Can you imagine that tea was such an expensive commodity that it was kept in a locked box? And talking about keys, can you see my very small collection of pretty keys? I just love pretty keys so if you have one you know where you can find a good home for it :-) The pictures are clickable for closeup views.



And now for an update on Donna's QFRR - I have stitched a couple of the motifs with three to go. The floss is Needlepoint Inc silk in a beautiful deep green and it is one of my favourite threads as it stitches like a dream.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


7 Comments: