< iStitch
Tuesday 27 May 2008
Some mail and some finishes


The mailman was really good to me today, not only did he bring me Donna's Quaker Friendship RR for me to stitch my section, but he also brought me a couple of patterns. The first one is a Twisted Oaks Design - A Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball - isn't that so pretty? And the second one (and stop drooling those Quakerites out there) is the Sampler Cove's Quaker Casket which I think is absolutely stunning but I need to find a supplier for the casket now. Can anyone help here? I will get in touch with Diane Jourdan to see if she can point me in the right direction but I have a feeling it's going to be rather expensive - ouch! Both of these charts I brought with the Gift Certificate I won on the Monthly Finishing Challenge and arrived really quickly from Down Sunshine Lane



And, talking of the Monthly Finishing Challenge, May's Challenge was a biscornu and here is my offering. The top is The Work Basket's January Quaker and the bottom is part of October Quaker with my own bit in the centre. The fabric is 35ct Brussels linen in optic white and the silk floss is Au Ver A Soie 1714. Usually, when I stitch the back-stitch outline around a project, I stitch over 2 threads but as this biscornu was larger than others I have back-stitched over 4 threads and although it's ok I won't do this again as I prefer a tighter finish. 

And, as my six month blogiversary is coming up shortly I will be putting this biscornu up for a draw so keep visiting so you don't miss out!

I also finished the HOE freebie chart exchange and Quaker Inspired's Quaker Animal exchange. Both of these I am unable to show just yet. 

Last weekend was a Bank Holiday here in the UK and on Saturday we had glorious sunshine and although it rained overnight, Sunday was quite nice too but Monday - OMG - the heavens opened and we had gale force winds. My garden is such a mess and my tomatoes in their tiny growbag greenhouses are devastated. Rain collected on the top and the more it rained the heavier the top got until it sank to the bottom and crushed the plants so what with Tommy climbing in and marching through them one day last week and now this, I think it will be a miracle if they actually survive. Maybe I am just not cut out for gardening?

Thanks for visiting
Take car 

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


11 Comments: