< iStitch
Sunday 8 June 2008
An exchange and a healthy diet



I see from the HOE blog that my partner, Annette, has now received the scissor fob that I sent to her for the freebie pattern exchange, together with a small gift package. This pattern is from Drawn Thread called Heart Throb (chart here) and is stitched on 32ct platinum linen with the recommended DMC floss.  The second picture shows the original piece I stitched for Annette - the Alphabet Tree by Blue Ribbon Designs (chart here). This was stitched on 36ct antique white linen with Gloriana silk floss in Blue Grass - it was heartbreaking when the colours ran when I pressed it prior to finishing. I tried hard to rescue it but without success and as I would not send out something that I would not like to receive myself, I decided to stitch an entirely different piece. I do hope Annette likes the replacement.

Yesterday I climbed on the scales and discovered that, since retiring, my weight has shot up. I didn't really need the scales to tell me as my clothes no longer fit as they did. Maybe it's because my wardrobe shrinks them? No, after years of working on the third floor of a building and running up and down the stairs upteem times a day, now I am at home all day, leading a much more leisurely lifestyle, the pounds have started to pile on. So, I have decided to diet. It's not as though I overeat - I think it's more exercise that I need, so I am changing to a more sensible diet, I will spend less time on the computer and take a bit more exercise in future. My son, Justin, and his fiancee, AnnMarie, have set their wedding date for June 2009 so that gives me a year to lose my excess pounds, after all I do not want to be the fat frump in the wedding photographs do I?

Thanks for visiting
Take care     

Labels:

 
|


16 Comments:


  • On 8 June 2008 at 12:07, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cute scissor fob!
    What a shame the colours ran...but it does give it a nice original effect!
    I am hoping to invest in a Wii fit to lose a bit of weight,Good luck on your exercising!

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 13:49, Anonymous Anonymous

    Love the little fob, what a shame the silk ran on your first piece.

    Good luck with the weight loss!

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 16:48, Blogger Carol

    What a gorgeous fob for Annette - and her note in the HoE blog surely indicates she is thrilled with it :-) Good luck with the weight loss - I am trying to deal with that too ;-)

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 17:14, Blogger imnverted

    Sorry the colors ran on the first piece. The fob is really cute.

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 18:46, Blogger staci

    Adorable fob! How heartbreaking that the floss ran in the original piece...it was quite pretty.

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 21:16, Blogger Yodamanda

    Hi thanks for the welcome comments on my new blog. Oh what a shame about the Alphabet Tree but thats a lovely little scissor fob. People say weight loss is a little easier if you have a goal and I can't think of a better one than a wedding, i do wish you all the best with that.
    A
    x

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 22:04, Blogger Kim B

    So sad about Alphabet Tree but the fob is beautiful! Good luck with the healthy eating!

     
  • On 9 June 2008 at 07:48, Blogger Rowyn

    Gorgeous scissor fob. What a shame about the Alphabet Tree running, that must have been very frustrating.

    Congrats to your son and his fiancee setting their wedding date.

    Good luck with the weight loss. I find walking really good, you can eat normally (there's nothing I hate more than being hungry!) and lose weight. Let us know how you get on.

     
  • On 9 June 2008 at 11:27, Blogger Karoline

    The Scissor fob is gorgeous, is a real shame that the colours ran on Alphabet Tree.

    Good luck with the weight loss

     
  • On 9 June 2008 at 12:55, Blogger WendyJo

    Love the fob...I actually have that myself. I am so sorry about the alphabet tree..that is VERY frustrating when that happens.

    Best of luck with the weight loss..I'll be cheering you on!

     
  • On 9 June 2008 at 18:03, Blogger Karen

    even though the colours ran it still looks good.
    Good luck on the weight loss

     
  • On 10 June 2008 at 17:47, Blogger Stitchingranny

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, which led me to here lol.

    Oh I know the feeling, since I retired last year I am inclined to nibble through the day rather than sit down and eat. I have never needed to weigh myself so would have nothing to compare with if I did so now, but I know my clothes are getting a little tighter.

     
  • On 11 June 2008 at 00:13, Blogger Katrina

    Love the fob! Too cute. Sorry about the colors running.

    Good luck on the weight loss. I know how you feel, I've been a bit stressed the last year or so and I've put on a few pounds. I want to take them off by the end of the summer :-). I need to get back on the elliptical on a regular basis.

     
  • On 11 June 2008 at 16:59, Blogger Andrea

    Lovely DT fob. A real shame about the Alphabet Tree, lovely colours.

     
  • On 12 June 2008 at 10:06, Blogger Mylene

    Lovely fob! Sorry about the first piece though.
    Goodluck with the weightloss!

     
  • On 16 June 2008 at 00:01, Anonymous Anonymous

    So sorry to see your Alphabet Tree bled - the colour you chose is stunning for that piece. Your replacement is really pretty though :)