< iStitch
Sunday 1 June 2008
Some stitching, some frogs and a few buds!


Hurrah, at last, a few more stitches in Ms Hannah. I finished as far as the Z in both the first and second alphabets. I love this sampler and using one strand of silk, over two threads on 40ct fabric, makes it look so delicate.  The shade of green is not unlike the green that Donna chose for her QFRR. I am sorry for the poor photo but the light is terrible here today as it is dark, gloomy and raining.
 

And now for some frogs but not the stitching kind! While in the garden yesterday I noticed a movement at the root of the honeysuckle and, when I got closer, I could see three frogs (or maybe they are toads - what's the difference?). Can you see their tiny faces? They stared right back at me and were not at all concerned when I zoomed in with the camera. 

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday so I spent most of the time in the garden. My potatoes are enormous and, hopefully, after the deluge of rain last week, my tomato plants have recovered. 

And, I think that my eggling is budding! I will wait a couple of days for it to flower and then post a picture. I am so eggcited.  

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


16 Comments:


  • On 1 June 2008 at 12:16, Blogger Teresa

    Eggcellent news on the budding eggling! Lovely stitching.

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 13:04, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice progress on Hannah! I really must try and put some more stitches into mine - she's very neglected.

    I would say they're toads you've got (and DH agrees!) He says that frogs are smoother-skinned than toads, which tend to be more warty and potentially bigger than frogs. Nice that you've got them in your garden - they'll help to keep the slug population down!

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 17:27, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter

    Good news on the budding eggling! Your stitching is so very lovely too. I think those toads are a riot! That would have been funny if they all smiled big for you! Okay, I know, I am in a weird mood!

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 17:30, Blogger Stitcher

    Love that Quaker.

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 20:25, Blogger Janaina

    Cute little froggies! Waving to them! =D
    Eggspectacular news on the budding little thing!Pics, pics, pics!

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 21:25, Blogger Katrina

    Hannah looks very good! Love the little frogs too :-).

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 22:51, Blogger Rowyn

    Hannah Beeby is coming along well.

    That's so cool that you have frogs/toads in your garden. Is there a water source that attracts them? As kids we use to collect tadpoles from paddocks near to where we lived and put them in our old baby bath, it was great fun.

     
  • On 1 June 2008 at 23:37, Blogger Kim B

    Your stitching is so gorgeous! It does looks quite delicate.

    So glad that your frogs are not the stitching kind! Can't wait to see that eggling!!!

     
  • On 2 June 2008 at 07:48, Blogger Mylene

    Your sampler is looking great!

     
  • On 3 June 2008 at 04:30, Blogger DaisyGirl

    Cool beans on the frogs! My nephew Jackson and I tried to find some froggies today! No luck, he was disappointed. He's 5, I had to watch my SIL April, the one with MS, plus her 2 kids. We were buddies today!
    Donna
    Stitching looks great!

     
  • On 3 June 2008 at 16:45, Blogger Karen

    I love the way your sampler is coming along

     
  • On 3 June 2008 at 20:39, Blogger Michele

    Hannah is looking great! Love the color :)

    ohhhh I love those frogs/toads! nice of you to have a comfy place for them :)

    can't wait to see the eggling!

     
  • On 4 June 2008 at 04:27, Blogger staci

    Hannah is beautiful, I love the contrast of the floss and fabric. Your progress really makes me want to stitch it up too!

     
  • On 5 June 2008 at 13:09, Blogger WendyJo

    Hannah is looking very pretty..you do such beautiful stitching and I am glad that the frogs live OUTSIDE your house :)

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 02:27, Blogger Yuko

    Everytime I see your Hannah, I fall in love with it, and I really want to start mine, though have no time... sigh ('~';)

    It's very beautiful, Carol!
    Your stitching is so neat and beautiful, as always!

     
  • On 8 June 2008 at 09:38, Blogger Heidi

    Your Hannah is beautiful Carol! No doubt it's going to be beautiful. I'd love to make this sampler - is there a SAL I can join? Let me see if I can find the pattern first! lol!

    great to hear about the budding eggling!