< iStitch
Tuesday 17 June 2008
Some stash, strawberries and an update


Yesterday we took a trip out to the Maidstone Hobby Craft Shop where I managed to pick up a bit of stash. A couple of cuts of fabric, some ribbons, a couple of punches and some card to make some thread drops. It doesn't look much but I managed to spend £42. I didn't check the receipt until I got back home and discovered that I had been overcharged as the box of ribbons had been put through twice! It's not worth going back as I would probably spend more on petrol (gas) than I would getting a refund and I would probably spend more in the store too! So I am £6.99 down and the moral of this story is to check the receipt before you leave the car park!
 


We then called in a garden centre on the way home and found this rather lovely strawberry pot complete with strawberry plants - can you see the tiny strawberries forming? There was no price tag on it so we found an assistant who said he had no idea of the price and that they were probably the same price as the herb gardens in identical pots - £24.99. As this was the last one and, as it looked a bit under the weather, he said he would let us have it for half price. I watered it well last night and it looks a lot more healthier now. And yes I agree that the grass needs cutting!

There was a Chinese restaurant close by to the garden centre that was doing lunchtime deals so we succumbed and had lunch there. There goes the healthy eating/diet but I didn't eat any dinner last night to make up for it!  

We took the 'pretty' route home instead of the motorway. I had forgotten how beautiful the county we live in really is. They call Kent the 'Garden of England' and yesterday I could well appreciate why. We drove through narrow lanes and tiny villages with 'chocolate box top' cottages. The sun was shining and it was so much more relaxing than fighting the traffic on the motorway.

And now ... 




... an update on Hannah Beeby. Not too much done but it's coming along slowly. I am not sure if anyone else is still stitching on the SAL as no-one is posting on the site but I will carry on regardless. 

I really need a 'finishing day' but Ken is still waiting on his job to re-start and is therefore home and under my feet! 

Lastly, did you spot my eggling? Go back and check out the first picture - the flowers are still not out so I have resorted to putting it outside in the sunshine to encourage it to flower. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Edited: The grass has now been cut!

Labels: ,

 
|


15 Comments:


  • On 17 June 2008 at 13:56, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your strawberry plant looks lovely! We had the first strawberries off our plants at the weekend and they were very tasty :)

    Lovely progress on Hannah, she's looking great!

     
  • On 17 June 2008 at 16:52, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter

    I hope to have some strawberries one of these years! LOL! Yours looks really nice.

     
  • On 17 June 2008 at 17:09, Blogger valerie

    What lovely photos! I didn't even recognize the eggling! My eggling and nyokki's have grown so much in just 10 days, it's amazing. I must take a picture to share!

    HB is coming along nicely. I love that deep green on your fabby.

    I will email you soon...I have no idea where the time goes.

     
  • On 17 June 2008 at 17:42, Blogger Kim B

    Look at that eggling go! I love your new strawberry plant! I hope this yields some yummy fruit for you!

    HB looks beautiful!

     
  • On 17 June 2008 at 18:50, Blogger DaisyGirl

    We had a strawberry patch at our old house! I miss that, hope your plant yields bountiful strawberries. HB is looking great!
    Donna
    eggling looks good too!

     
  • On 17 June 2008 at 22:19, Blogger Margaret

    Hope your strawberries produce bountifully! Congrats on Hannah - she looks wonderful and I'm happy to see eggling again!

     
  • On 18 June 2008 at 06:11, Blogger Sandra

    I'm sure if you phone the store, they should be able to check their copy of your receipt and credit your account over the phone. It is worth a try anyway.

     
  • On 18 June 2008 at 07:36, Blogger Rowyn

    It's such a horrible feeling being overcharged. But as you say with the price of petrol these days, it's probably not worth the drive.

    Love your strawberry plant - it looks much healthier than mine (I put it down to the harsh summer we had! lol).

    Kent is my favourite part of England - the small villages, country lanes, seaside towns... it sets my heart aflutter! It's good you appreciate the beautiful county you live in. :-)

     
  • On 18 June 2008 at 13:17, Blogger Wendy

    Hannah is coming along so well ~ great work! Oh beautiful strawberry plant too. What a shame to get charged so much extra at the hobby shop. It kind of takes the wind out of your sails after the fun of shopping.

     
  • On 18 June 2008 at 20:00, Blogger Karen

    I miss Kent it's so much prettier than here. I spent most of my teen years living in Maidstone
    The strawberries look good what luck getting them half price
    Your wip looks great

     
  • On 19 June 2008 at 06:39, Blogger Mylene

    Strawberry plant looks wonderful. Good progress on Hannah!

     
  • On 19 June 2008 at 08:33, Blogger Heidi

    Hannah looks wonderful! I'd really love to join you with her, but I"ll have to wait a bit before I can spend my pennies...

    Your plants look great! We grow them in pots too, and have to be quick before our winged friends get to them ..lol

     
  • On 19 June 2008 at 13:19, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your HB is looking fabulous.
    And your strawberry plant looks healthy and promising. Can't wait to see the fruits

     
  • On 20 June 2008 at 18:03, Blogger Andrea

    Eggling looks like it is taking over!
    Wonderful progress on Hannah Beeby.
    There's nothing better than your own strawberries. Remember to tie those runners down so you can get more plants for next year.

     
  • On 23 June 2008 at 18:12, Blogger Meari

    Nice stash! Question... What are thread drops?