< iStitch
Monday, 23 June 2008
A start!


It was nice today so I was looking for something to stitch outside in the garden. I didn't want to work on Hannah outside so I found a small patten in the Ackworth School Pattern Book. The fabric is 32ct white linen and the floss is DMC 815 - a rich vibrant red. I have some gorgeous ribbon exactly the same shade and I am planning on finishing this as a strawberry emery - courtesy of Anita's instructions. I find that the lack of symmetry in Quaker patterns somewhat annoying and often put it right but today I stitched the pattern as is, so if you think there are mistakes on the above piece of stitching, blame someone else, I just followed the pattern although I did alter the center of the flower. 

I have stitched my initials and the year on my tin topper for the Monthly Finishing Challenge so I need to get that put together. 

There are now 3 flowers out on the eggling plant with more to come. 

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
Photobucket posted by Carol R at 18:37 | Permalink | Photobucket


11 Comments: