< iStitch
Friday 4 July 2008
Happy 4th July and Quaker animal exchange








The mail man brought me yet another package today - again postmarked 'San Francisco'. Unbeknown to me the lovely Valerie had drawn my name for the Quaker Inspired's Quaker Animal Exchange. Valerie and I have become friends this past few months and we had even discussed which of these animals we liked and we had both decided that the mouse was really cute! She sure can keep a secret!

Inside my package was a gorgeous flat fold featuring that little mouse. It is beautifully stitched and finished using Lakeside Linens Vintage Light Examplar fabric and Caron Waterlilies Flagstone floss and the backing fabric and the unusual trim co-ordinates perfectly.

Valerie also enclosed some lovely goodies; Samplers and Such "A Spot of Tea", two skeins of Gloriana Poinsettia silk floss (such a gorgeous shade of red), a packet of French (size 28) needles (which I can't wait to try), a magnetic notepad and some Cosmos flower seeds (which are the official flowers for Valerie's birth month of October). She also enclosed some chocolate bars which are not shown in the picture (and no it's not because I have eaten them already - it's because they were a bit soft from the journey and I have put them in the fridge). 

Thank you so much Valerie, you have made this exchange so very memorable.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels:

 
|


11 Comments: