< iStitch
Wednesday 2 July 2008
My garden and a preview


First up is my strawberry pot showing that it has flourished but something/someone is stealing the fruit. I think the culprits are the squirrels who are obviously not satisfied with the nuts and sunflower seeds that I buy for them - they want dessert too! I have now taken to removing the strawberries when they are big enough and putting them on to a windowsill to ripen off.



Secondly, my potatoes in their patio bags. The tallest plants are really tall - maybe 4' or so! I can't wait for harvest time. 



And lastly my tomato plants in their little grow-bag greenhouse. Despite the problems I have had with these plants they are now thriving and hopefully will bear fruit in the not too distant future. The bamboo canes are home grown too. Our neighbour planted bamboo in his garden which promptly started to grow in ours too. Ken has been cultivating them so he could build his own raft and sail away into the unknown - I think he's been watching too much tv don't you?


And now for those not at all interested in my first-time gardening efforts - a sneaky preview of a couple of stitching projects.





The picture on the left is the Monthly Challenge for Jayne's Attic. I have decided on my finish and I will reveal the finished piece on July 27. 

The Noel piece is obviously a Christmas ornament and will be revealed, in all it's glory, as soon as it is finished.

Thanks for visiting
Take care

Labels: , ,

 
|


5 Comments:


  • On 2 July 2008 at 12:18, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your plants are doing well Carol. We've had fruit off our strawberry plants already, but only one or two at a time - hardly a bowlful!

     
  • On 2 July 2008 at 13:33, Blogger Sally

    I can't wait to see your challenge piece Carol. I know how I'm going to finish mine but I haven't decided on fabric or thread yet!

     
  • On 2 July 2008 at 16:09, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Carol, I look forward to when you can show off what you've been stitching!

     
  • On 2 July 2008 at 16:58, Blogger Karen

    glad you are joining in with our challenge on JA I need to put needle to fabric still lol
    hope your tomatos flourish

     
  • On 2 July 2008 at 17:19, Blogger valerie

    I love the photos of your gardening attempts. My froggie nyokki is sick...I think I overwatered it! =(

    Your plants look lovely though. It is quite hard keeping plants alive and healthy, no?!