< iStitch
Friday 18 July 2008
Long time - no post!
Working has its disadvantages like no stitching and no blogging! But I'm back even though I will probably be working next week too. Ok so here goes - quite  a few pictures to show you. 

Firstly Helen asked me about the fob she spied hanging off the basket from which I drew the names for the Quaker biscornu draw. Here is photos of both the back and front. I stitched this at "Stitching in the Garden" a CA Wells' class held in Cape Cod in 2002. It was originally attached to a pencil but I removed it so I could hang from one of my Nantucket baskets. The back is a silk fabric with an embroidered bee on it. There was also another fob hanging from the basket which I will show you another time. 



Next up is a Christmas ornament which I stitched a couple of weeks ago and, if you remember, I did give you a tiny glimpse of it. I finished this off today.  It's the fob from Sampler Cove's Rhapsody in Red III which I amended into an ornament. The ribbon was a bit thick to do the ruching around the edge but I think it looks ok and I know my friend will appreciate it. It's stitched on my favorite white 35ct Brussels linen with a red and green Splendor silk thread. 

I also finished my piece for Jayne's Attic Monthly Finishing Challenge but I cannot show any photos until the reveal day on July 27.



And then I got some stash in the mail from Golden Needle.
 

This is The Stitching Parlor's "My First Sewing Box and Scissor Fob" pattern with the fabric, threads and the Whitman's tin to finish it. These are not usually colours I would choose but I am looking forward to doing something different. 


Cathy from Golden Needle also asked me if I would stitch for the Habitat project. Lizzie Kate donated the patterns, another customer donated the fabric so all I had to do was supply the DMC threads and my time for stitching. It was a quick stitch on 14ct Rustico. It's a long time since I have stitched on Aida fabric. These pieces are going to made into banners for those people who were made homeless by Hurricane Katrina. Cathy also enclosed a second piece of fabric and pattern for Kirby to stitch one too which I am sure she will do once she returns from her girly trip to Majorca.

Last Wednesday evening was our Stitch-n-Bitch group meeting. It was a bit of an effort to go but I am so glad I did as we had a great time and I managed to stitch some more on Mindi's QFRR piece.  It won't be too long before this is ready to be mailed on. 

While I was there a pair of the Dovo scissors again caught my attention so I decided to treat myself - check out the top two pictures - aren't they just gorgeous?

Thanks for visiting - have a great weekend
Take care 

Labels: , , , ,

 
|


14 Comments:


  • On 18 July 2008 at 17:50, Blogger Nicole

    Hi Carol! I just sent off my Habitat piece to Cathy yesterday. I felt so bad because I finished a while ago! Your's looks great! :) I love how you added your initials and the date. Enjoy those Dovos! :)

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 18:16, Blogger Edgar

    What a great fob and ornament!! I love those scissors, but I am a sucker for DOVO!!!

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 18:21, Blogger Andrea

    A wonderful bunch of finished items. Great new stash too.

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 18:24, Blogger Michele

    Love your fob and those scissors are to die for!

    Very nice Christmas ornament .. love all that red :)

    and what a wonderful project to be involved in! cute little house :)

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 18:37, Blogger Meari

    That's a pretty ornament, Carol. Also like the LK project. I haven't seen that chart before.

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 19:53, Anonymous Anonymous

    lovely scissor fob and xmas ornament also loved those scissors. and your stash is gorgeous..

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 21:48, Blogger Karen

    the orni looks very festive, I like your new scissors and lots of lovely stash

     
  • On 18 July 2008 at 23:00, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter

    Everything is lovely! It should be a rule that it is stitch first and then work!

     
  • On 19 July 2008 at 01:09, Blogger Yuko

    Hi Carol, you know that I was working on the design for my friend's new house? I was thinking to choose this LK design for her, it's also nice for the new house, isn't it?
    But I've chosen "Bless Our Home" one. You are wonderful to be offered to stitch from the shop! wow
    The Christmas ornament is so cute in red!!!

     
  • On 19 July 2008 at 02:46, Blogger Carla

    lovely stitching! I like the design your doing for Habitat!

     
  • On 19 July 2008 at 07:08, Blogger Deb

    The ornament is just beautiful Carol, I love your ribbon edging. Here's to more stitching time this week!

     
  • On 19 July 2008 at 21:59, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol hi there,
    Your CA Wells fob is so pretty. I love the colours and the pretty fan like stitches around the border. They really highlight the design.
    I have the Whitman tin and needlecase pattern too and can't wait to get to it. The chocolates are long gone sadly and sorely missed!!
    Warm hugs, Angela

     
  • On 20 July 2008 at 20:02, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

    Everything is just so beautiful!

     
  • On 30 July 2008 at 16:12, Blogger Kim B

    Beautiful stitching and lovely stash!